USB Thumb Drive Reported as fixed non-removable disk?

M

Martin Spence

Folks,

My application is a custom shell that allows you to export settings only to a USB removable drive. I can see from logging that when I insert the USB drive that the system sees the device as D Drive Fixed or non-removable. I need the system to see it as a removable device so the application will allow reads and writes to it. Am I missing a component form my image for it to be seen as removable? The device is recognized and mounted - just not as a removable device.

Thanks in advance

M

Martin Spence

Ignore me - sorry - I found the solution - if you want removable media you better add the removable media component!

--
MARTIN SPENCE
Folks,

My application is a custom shell that allows you to export settings only to a USB removable drive. I can see from logging that when I insert the USB drive that the system sees the device as D Drive Fixed or non-removable. I need the system to see it as a removable device so the application will allow reads and writes to it. Am I missing a component form my image for it to be seen as removable? The device is recognized and mounted - just not as a removable device.

Thanks in advance

Ask a Question