Windows Vista USB problem

Reaction score
HI,

I got a new SONY SZ650N laptop with Vista Business and am very happy with, got 1 problem, when I plug something into the USB hub it does not work and ask me ti find / locate the driver for it which I have managed to make work by looking into the WINDOWS file but I bought an HP printer all in one and after installing the drivers that comes with it and still look for the drivers into my WINDOWS folder (it ask me for it even after instaling the CD with drivers) it does not find 1 driver and so does not work, so I can't use the printer !!!!!!!
Can someone help me and tell me how to fix this please ???
I can't go to the shop as I bought this in a Sony store in NY but am back where I live which is Rwanda (East Africa)
Thanks,

GMH

Reaction score
did you get any drivers with the USB Hub vista sould find drivers for this it does when I use my USB HUb also have you checked to see if the Hub is Vista compatble?

wizkid

Reaction score
usb ports

it's the same problem with anything I plug in, a flash drive, a usb hub, ect ect ect

Reaction score
did you get any recovery disks with the laptop if so it might be a good idea to foramt and reinstall Windows.

This might fix the problem.

wizkid

Reaction score
usb ports

yes this is what I was told before just that I thought their could be an more easy way to fix this, also no good IT man here to do this :-(, no way to fix this without having to reinstall it all ??? thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
it does seem that Wndows is be come corrupted and the like I said before the only way to fix this is to reinstall Windows its very easy to do all you need to is put the reocvery disk in the laptop and then boot from the cd at start up. You might need to set the computer to boot from CD frist in the BIOS or sometimes there is an option at the bottom of the BIOS screen saying either press f 11 or f 12 to go to boot menu.

P.S to get into the BIOS you need to press either delete or f 1 or f 2 one of these will work.

wizkid

Reaction score
Hi,

YES back up (all) your data on the computer because this well take the computer back to its factory settings and this will remove all of your data.

Hope all goes well with the reinstall.

user.gif

wizkid

Reaction score
usb ports

thanks again, will try to find a good IT man in town to help me with it, don't want to loose my licenses for NORTON and other products I bought over the web, NORTON got cd with box as office 2007 pro 2 but need to check about licences

Reaction score
the licences should be ok as you are reinstalling them on the same computer.

Hope you get it sorted out.

wizkid

Ask a Question