Windows Vista USB not recognised

Reaction score
my usb such as mouse and thumdrive are not recognise after connect to my notebook.. before this happen, my fren connect his tumdrive that contain virus. after that usb unable to recognised. then format my notebook again but still face the same problem. my fren told me to format and install vista. but after doing so, the problem is still happen. is my notebook was hacked by virus? any solution or suggestion to fix the problem? help me please.

Reaction score
Hello jackie

just a quick word up. publication of your email adress is not reall a good idea. could you remove it please. someone if need be can contact you via a PM

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've removed the e-mail address now.

Do all of your USB ports fail? You shouldn't need any drivers to use a USB keyboard, so it sounds like it could be a deeper problem.

It might be worth checking to see if your USB ports are enabled in your BIOS.

Reaction score
I have had this problem before.

Make sure Legacy USB is not enabled within the BIOS

It solved it for me

Reaction score
Please ... usb not recognise..!!!!!!!!!

still got problem with usb device. i`m using acer aspire 3640. i already read more article about entering bios system. when i apply what hv been read, still cannot enter bios. always enter phoenix bios.is it possible that phoenix bios same as bios? pls, help me........

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
jkey said:
still got problem with usb device. i`m using acer aspire 3640. i already read more article about entering bios system. when i apply what hv been read, still cannot enter bios. always enter phoenix bios.is it possible that phoenix bios same as bios? pls, help me........

Yep Phoneix Bios is the same as Bios. Search the web to see if you can find a manual as it will usually give some information about the bios that will help you understand more.

Oh yes an do download and keep running an anti virus software so that your chums poluted pendreives don't infect your pc.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question