:: USB hubs busted

F

Fishy

I've got two different USB hub devices -- the kind that you plug into the computer, and
with a cord that plugs into the electricity, and then you plug the various usb peripherals
into the hub, which sits on the top of the desk.

Neither hub will work on my desktop computer. The lights come on, then the lights go on
and off and on and off and the USB-default sound from Windows XP go clung clung clung --
but no devices will work.

When I use the hub with the laptop, everything works. USB keyboard and mouse, printer,
scanner, etc.

What gives?

<*(((><
Fishy Lives!

S

smlunatick

I've got two different USB hub devices -- the kind that you plug into thecomputer, and
with a cord that plugs into the electricity, and then you plug the various usb peripherals
into the hub, which sits on the top of the desk.  

Neither hub will work on my desktop computer.  The lights come on, thenthe lights go on
and off and on and off and the USB-default sound from Windows XP go clungclung clung --
but no devices will work.  

When I use the hub with the laptop, everything works.  USB keyboard andmouse, printer,
scanner, etc.

What gives?

<*(((><
Fishy Lives!

Does you "base' USB ports work? You might need o reset all your USB
device setting:

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/devcon.html

Look at RenewUSB (be careful!!!!!!!)

Ask a Question