usb device problem

i have a p3 running on xp sp1. the windows reports the usb controller and hub
are working fine. i connected a samsung mp3 player and it worked. but none of
the other devices( Bluetooth dongle, kodak camera, nokia communicator 9300)
work. will be grateful for any help.

Jim Macklin

You need drivers for many USB devices, XP (even SP2) doesn't
have every driver for every device.

"Anirudh V Kulkarni" <Anirudh V
|i have a p3 running on xp sp1. the windows reports the usb
controller and hub
| are working fine. i connected a samsung mp3 player and it
worked. but none of
| the other devices( Bluetooth dongle, kodak camera, nokia
communicator 9300)
| work. will be grateful for any help.

I had a similar issue, it seems to give power but no access to the device, as
the other guy said you need drivers and theres usually 2 ways of them being
found, either there on your motherboard which will mean the drivers will be

Jim Macklin

Drivers for cameras, cellphones and such will be found at
the maker's web site, e.g. Kodak, Canon, Fuji etc, or
Motorola, Nokia. Bluetooth is a standard and should be
automatic. If there is corruption with the USB drivers,
often caused by plugging in a device that needs a driver,
such as a printer or scanner before that driver has been
installed, you can clear the USB list of drivers using the
device manager to remove the USB ports, hubs and devices,
then reinstalling each device properly.

|I had a similar issue, it seems to give power but no access
to the device, as
| the other guy said you need drivers and theres usually 2
ways of them being
| found, either there on your motherboard which will mean
the drivers will be
| on the motherboard disk, or... if you have a seperate pci
card with usb ports