USB Device is not recognized

cat..

Hi,

I cannot access the content of my memory stick as I get this message
"US Device is not recognized" each time I plug it into my laptop.

It seems it comes from my memory stick as:

- it is neither recognized by a second laptop
- another memory stick works fine on the same USB ports of my laptop.

I'm very concerned because I saved vey important data on my memory
stick. I need to find a way to recover those data.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Catherine.

webster72n

"cat.." wrote in message

Hi,

I cannot access the content of my memory stick as I get this message
"US Device is not recognized" each time I plug it into my laptop.

It seems it comes from my memory stick as:

- it is neither recognized by a second laptop
- another memory stick works fine on the same USB ports of my laptop.

I'm very concerned because I saved vey important data on my memory
stick. I need to find a way to recover those data.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Catherine:

One scenario may be that the stick's drivers need to be updated.
To find a broader plane of solutions, you may want to google for
the specified question and then find your specific answer.
Hope that this might be of help.

Harry.

Catherine.

vista bill

Hi,

I cannot access the content of my memory stick as I get this message
"US Device is not recognized" each time I plug it into my laptop.

It seems it comes from my memory stick as:

- it is neither recognized by a second laptop
- another memory stick works fine on the same USB ports of my laptop.

I'm very concerned because I saved vey important data on my memory
stick. I need to find a way to recover those data.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Catherine

This has happened to me with a number of flash drives. You might try
shutting down the computer with the memory stick in the sub port and
then restart it and see if it is recognized. Sometimes, upon a
restart, the drivers will reload when the machine discovers the device
(if it does).

Bill.

cat..

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU 11.04
RELEASE TO WEB, OR OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU 10.04.2 LONG TERM SUPPORT
RELEASE TO WEB! JUST FYI! THREAD CLOSED!

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestions. I brought the key to a company that
specializes in data recovery after a hard disk breaks down for a
quote. They found out a severe electronic failure. Therefore, I'll do
with the copy I made 6 months ago and forget about getting the
remaining data back.

Thanks again for your help.

Catherine.

webster72n

"cat.." wrote in message

REFORMAT YOUR COMPUTER AND INSTALL OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU 11.04
RELEASE TO WEB, OR OPEN SOURCE LINUX UBUNTU 10.04.2 LONG TERM SUPPORT
RELEASE TO WEB! JUST FYI! THREAD CLOSED!

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestions. I brought the key to a company that
specializes in data recovery after a hard disk breaks down for a
quote. They found out a severe electronic failure. Therefore, I'll do
with the copy I made 6 months ago and forget about getting the
remaining data back.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem and you are quite welcome.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.