upriverjoe (newbee)

Reaction score
hi everyone i'm a 67 year young novice newbee. since i retired i'm learning the computer and not to fast (i hunt & peck ) but i'm enjoying myself. iv'e been married to the love of my life for 49 years in sept., i fish, play golf, read, work on my home & yard, keep all 3 of my vehicles running. i live in a rural area called concrete Wa.. well have to go now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site :) Have you had a computer before, or are you getting started from scratch?

I'm sure you'll enjoy learning :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Joe :D sounds like you are enjoying retirement. Hope you will have lots of fun and enjoyment from your computer:wave:

Reaction score
hi Ian, & everyone else yes iv'e had a computer before, i believe it was windows 3.1, lol. so basically im just getting started. i would be enjoying my retirement even more if my wife was healthy enough to enjoy it with me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey there Joe good to see you :thumb:
happywave.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
welcome jo, im sure you'll fit right in.... there are plenty of older folks here :D

Reaction score
hi everyone i'm a 67 year young novice newbee. since i retired i'm learning the computer and not to fast (i hunt & peck ) but i'm enjoying myself. iv'e been married to the love of my life for 49 years in sept., i fish, play golf, read, work on my home & yard, keep all 3 of my vehicles running. i live in a rural area called concrete Wa.. well have to go now.

Im a newbee too and I am 62 as my 62nd birthday is Jan 20th so no point in saying 61 lol. I think it was Mark Twain that said Golf was a good walk spoilt lol. I too have been married to the love of my life for 43 years. You were married young 18. I presume you are American as they tend to say look after my home & yard, where as we Brits would say look after our House and Garden. I use to be a riding instructor horses and at one point had 11 horses. Now I only carve them - rocking horses and restore them, along with doing stain glass.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi RM,

Not sure if you've noticed that this thread we're on now dates back to August, 2007. Some of the people are still around but some not seen for years. :D

Always good to hear about you but probably better on a more recent post. :lol::D

Reaction score
It just popped up hence I thought it was a new post - well thank you for responding and telling me how old the thread was - otherwise when I didn't get any response I might have thought - bloomin rude lol. So now you know a bit about me, so tell me something about you (Yorkshire cruncher), I drink Yorkshire tea and have been watching the white princess lol.

Ask a Question