upgrade win.xp home edt. to XP professional

G

I have tried up grading from XP home to XP professional and i keep getting a compatibility eirror come up. not compatible windows agp filter, I click on details and it states down load new nforce driver. At the NVIDIA web site the july 10, 03 driver gives me the same problem. I contacted the HP indians in India (there is no support in the U.S. anymore, the exec.@ hp just collect the cash) and they had no idea how to fix the problem. They did say go to NVIDIA web. site for tech support, and guess what, I did, their web states they have no tech support, go to the OEM (hp) been there done that. So I contacted Microsoft and you will not believe what happened, that's right I'm back in India again playing games with people that apparently don't know s--t. No wounder Bill Gates is the richest man in the World, he's got all the indians and elephants in India working for pennuts and making 2000% proffet on all they sell. No wounder so many people are out of work, all the big companys have sent the jobs to 3rd.world countries. Soon we will not be able buy anything, no jobs=no money.Build your own computers & save, to hell with hp, dell compact ect. Excuse me, I got off the subject,that happens when your pissed off. does any body have any ideas about the XP problem? I looked @ tigerdirect,com and you can buy your hardwear a lot cheaper there. I am going to try and buy made in the USA from now on. It really ticks me off to know all those Corp. exectives are linning their pockets at the expense of the American people, and when our eccominy (can't spell) goes in the hopper, they can just pick up and move. They have enought $ for them and their family's for generations to come. I we will be here to pick up the pieces that are left. The only way to grow jobs is to bring the jobs back from the 3rd. world countries. Even the company I work for is sending Technology to :china, mexico and good old India. The steel for the drill bits we make is made in China ,good steel I don't think so just drop one, see how many pieces you get when it breaks. OH, yes these are name brand tools, but they are laser etched or machine stamped made in U.S.A.. Go to Sears and price the Craftsman drills, the nice gold color ones against the blacken ones, a nice price diffrence. It only cost $00.03 per 2,000 drills to be coated. You might think my company is making a good proffit,.no Sears is making it. Oh, will good buy all.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Using Device Manager, and setting the "show hidden devices" option from the
View menu, you can see the NVIDIA nForce AGP Bus Filter under
"Non-Plug and Play drivers". The original version that was on my PC
was 4.12.01.0217. The driver file is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nv_agp.sys.

Downloading and installing the latest Platform/nForce Drivers Unified Driver Package
for Windows XP from the NVIDIA web site (www.nvidia.com), places the new driver
in the C:\nvidia\nforceWinXP\2.00\GART directory, but doesn't update it in the Windows
System32 drivers directory. By manually copying the driver from the Nvidia directory,
you'll get past the compatibility problem. The version of the driver that works is 4.12.01.0278.

SOLVED THE PROBLEM THIS WAY:

Go to 'Windows Update'. After running the program, click 'Windows Catalog'
(lower left hand side). Click on the appropriate categories, IE: XP, Drivers, NVIDIA
(you get the point) and download the 'certified' driver.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|I have tried up grading from XP home to XP professional and i keep getting a compatibility eirror come up.
not compatible windows agp filter, I click on details and it states down load new nforce driver. At the NVIDIA
web site the july 10, 03 driver gives me the same problem. I contacted the HP indians in India (there is no
support in the U.S. anymore, the exec.@ hp just collect the cash) and they had no idea how to fix the problem.
They did say go to NVIDIA web. site for tech support, and guess what, I did, their web states they have no
tech support, go to the OEM (hp) been there done that. So I contacted Microsoft and you will not believe what
happened, that's right I'm back in India again playing games with people that apparently don't know s--t. No
wounder Bill Gates is the richest man in the World, he's got all the indians and elephants in India working
for pennuts and making 2000% proffet on all they sell. No wounder so many people are out of work, all the big
companys have sent the jobs to 3rd.world countries. Soon we will not be able buy anything, no jobs=no
money.Build your own computers & save, to hell with hp, dell compact ect. Excuse me, I got off the
subject,that happens when your pissed off. does any body have any ideas about the XP problem? I looked @
tigerdirect,com and you can buy your hardwear a lot cheaper there. I am going to try and buy made in the USA
from now on. It really ticks me off to know all those Corp. exectives are linning their pockets at the expense
of the American people, and when our eccominy (can't spell) goes in the hopper, they can just pick up and
move. They have enought $ for them and their family's for generations to come. I we will be here to pick up
the pieces that are left. The only way to grow jobs is to bring the jobs back from the 3rd. world countries.
Even the company I work for is sending Technology to :china, mexico and good old India. The steel for the
drill bits we make is made in China ,good steel I don't think so just drop one, see how many pieces you get
when it breaks. OH, yes these are name brand tools, but they are laser etched or machine stamped made in
U.S.A.. Go to Sears and price the Craftsman drills, the nice gold color ones against the blacken ones, a nice
price diffrence. It only cost $00.03 per 2,000 drills to be coated. You might think my company is making a
good proffit,.no Sears is making it. Oh, will good buy all.

Ask a Question