Updating:


R

Robert

I have a Dell Dimension 8200, with XP, SP2 160GB Memory and 1024 RAM
and DSL connection. I have Comodo for my firewall, AVG for anti-virus
and SUPERantispyware for spyware removal. I also have Spywareblaster
and Windows Defender.

When I logged on to my computer it showed the yellow shield with
exclamation point indicating new updates were available. I clicked on
it and after 3 hours of clicking ok to Comodo pop-ups the updates were
downloaded. However at the end it said the following couldn't be
installed. Unfortunately, I didn't write them down but as I remember
they had to do with Microsoft malware removal.

I also recieved this message "Opps, Comodo has a bug!'

It then requested for the system to be restarted to install the
updates which I did, but it came up with this message after
restarting:

RUNDLL- Error loading NVQTwk Access denied (I have no idea what this
is)

Then Comodo had a series of Rundll pop-ups which I ok'd.

Once all this was done I changed my Comodo settings to 'Paranoid Mode'
and checked to see if there were any other downloads from Microsoft,
but it said that my system was up to date.

I am running a system scan on Comodo to see if it finds anything. Then
I'll probably run full scans with the other programs just to make sure
nothing is there.

Should I re-install Comodo just to be safe?

Since I'm using the other programs for anti-virus and malware defense
am I ok without the Microsft programs?

Should I be concerned about the RUNDLL error message?


Thanks,
Robert
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Robert

I have a Dell Dimension 8200, with XP, SP2 160GB Memory and 1024 RAM
and DSL connection. I have Comodo for my firewall, AVG for anti-virus
and SUPERantispyware for spyware removal. I also have Spywareblaster
and Windows Defender.

When I logged on to my computer it showed the yellow shield with
exclamation point indicating new updates were available. I clicked on
it and after 3 hours of clicking ok to Comodo pop-ups the updates were
downloaded. However at the end it said the following couldn't be
installed. Unfortunately, I didn't write them down but as I remember
they had to do with Microsoft malware removal.

I also recieved this message "Opps, Comodo has a bug!'

It then requested for the system to be restarted to install the
updates which I did, but it came up with this message after
restarting:

RUNDLL- Error loading NVQTwk Access denied (I have no idea what this
is)

Then Comodo had a series of Rundll pop-ups which I ok'd.

Once all this was done I changed my Comodo settings to 'Paranoid Mode'
and checked to see if there were any other downloads from Microsoft,
but it said that my system was up to date.

I am running a system scan on Comodo to see if it finds anything. Then
I'll probably run full scans with the other programs just to make sure
nothing is there.

Should I re-install Comodo just to be safe?

Since I'm using the other programs for anti-virus and malware defense
am I ok without the Microsft programs?

Should I be concerned about the RUNDLL error message?

                                      Thanks,
                                      Robert



I scanned the system with Comodo which found nothing and then scanned
it withSuperantispware which found (4) cookies which I quarantined/
deleted.

I restarted the system but it once again came back with:

RUNDLL error loading NvQTwk access denied.

This troubles me as it never came up with this before and I would like
to resolve this.

Should I do a system restore?

Thoughts/
suggestions?
Robert
 
D

dfrog

I have a Dell Dimension 8200, with XP, SP2 160GB Memory and 1024 RAM
and DSL connection. I have Comodo for my firewall, AVG for anti-virus
and SUPERantispyware for spyware removal. I also have Spywareblaster
and Windows Defender.

When I logged on to my computer it showed the yellow shield with
exclamation point indicating new updates were available. I clicked on
it and after 3 hours of clicking ok to Comodo pop-ups the updates were
downloaded. However at the end it said the following couldn't be
installed. Unfortunately, I didn't write them down but as I remember
they had to do with Microsoft malware removal.

I also recieved this message "Opps, Comodo has a bug!'

It then requested for the system to be restarted to install the
updates which I did, but it came up with this message after
restarting:

RUNDLL- Error loading NVQTwk Access denied (I have no idea what this
is)

Then Comodo had a series of Rundll pop-ups which I ok'd.

Once all this was done I changed my Comodo settings to 'Paranoid Mode'
and checked to see if there were any other downloads from Microsoft,
but it said that my system was up to date.

I am running a system scan on Comodo to see if it finds anything. Then
I'll probably run full scans with the other programs just to make sure
nothing is there.

Should I re-install Comodo just to be safe?

Since I'm using the other programs for anti-virus and malware defense
am I ok without the Microsft programs?

Should I be concerned about the RUNDLL error message?

Thanks,
Robert



I scanned the system with Comodo which found nothing and then scanned
it withSuperantispware which found (4) cookies which I quarantined/
deleted.

I restarted the system but it once again came back with:

RUNDLL error loading NvQTwk access denied.

This troubles me as it never came up with this before and I would like
to resolve this.

Should I do a system restore?

Thoughts/
suggestions?
Robert


Bit of advice here Robert

http://www.help2go.com/postt15558.html

dfrog
 
R

Robert

I scanned the system with Comodo which found nothing and then scanned
it withSuperantispware which found (4) cookies which I quarantined/
deleted.

I restarted the system but it once again came back with:

RUNDLL error loading NvQTwk access denied.

This troubles me as it never came up with this before and I would like
to resolve this.

Should I do a system restore?

                                                  Thoughts/
suggestions?
                                                           Robert

Bit of advice here Robert

http://www.help2go.com/postt15558.html

dfrog- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

I tried reinstalling the NVIDA software but it made the problem worst!
When it finished and asked to restart the system it came back with the
following error pop ups:

Error C: Windows\ system 32/pl.dll access denied
NVCPL.DLL access denied
New Dev.DLL access denied

each time I clicked ok and closed them they popped back up several
times.

Then I recieved the series of pop-ups from Comodo as before:

rundll32.exe
rundll.exe is trying to execute credui.dll
rundll.exe is trying to execute rsaenh.dll
rundll.exe is trying to execute desk.cpl
rundll.exe is trying to execute run once.exe

Comodo said they were safe so I clicked ok to each one to close them
but I shouldn't have to be doing any of this. I didn't have ANY of
these problems before I downloaded the updates which I'm very leary of
doing now.

I think I'm going to do a system restore. Hopefully I can get it back
to where it was before I download the updates.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Robert
 
J

John John

Robert said:
I tried reinstalling the NVIDA software but it made the problem worst!
When it finished and asked to restart the system it came back with the
following error pop ups:

Error C: Windows\ system 32/pl.dll access denied
NVCPL.DLL access denied
New Dev.DLL access denied

each time I clicked ok and closed them they popped back up several
times.

Then I recieved the series of pop-ups from Comodo as before:

rundll32.exe
rundll.exe is trying to execute credui.dll
rundll.exe is trying to execute rsaenh.dll
rundll.exe is trying to execute desk.cpl
rundll.exe is trying to execute run once.exe

Comodo said they were safe so I clicked ok to each one to close them
but I shouldn't have to be doing any of this. I didn't have ANY of
these problems before I downloaded the updates which I'm very leary of
doing now.

I think I'm going to do a system restore. Hopefully I can get it back
to where it was before I download the updates.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would appreciate it.

It sounds like that Comodo is causing more problems than anything else.
Someone just posted in another help group about it causing access
problems to various Windows files and components. Disable it and see if
things improve. You may want to disconect the internet cable or enable
the Windows firewall before you disable Comodo.

John
 
R

Robert

I scanned the system with Comodo which found nothing and then scanned
it withSuperantispware which found (4) cookies which I quarantined/
deleted.

I restarted the system but it once again came back with:

RUNDLL error loading NvQTwk access denied.

This troubles me as it never came up with this before and I would like
to resolve this.

Should I do a system restore?

                                                  Thoughts/
suggestions?
                                                           Robert

Bit of advice here Robert

http://www.help2go.com/postt15558.html

dfrog- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -

I actually tried to reinstall the NVIDA drivers and it made the
problem worst! After I download the drivers and restarted the system
it gave me the following in separate pop up error boxes:

Error C: Windows/System32/NVCpl.all acess denied
NVCPL.DLL access denied
NewDEV.DLL acess denied

They kept opening up several times after I clicked OK to close them,
then Comodo gave me the same pop-ups as it did before:

rundll32.exe
rundll32.exe is trying to execute credui.dll
rundll32.exe is trying to execute rsaenh.dll
rundll32.exe is trying to execute desk.cpl
rundll32.exe is trying to execute runonce.exe

Comodo said they were safe so I clicked OK to close them but I
shouldn't have to do ANY of this. My computer was fine before I
installed the updates.

Given the increased error messages and the re-installing the drivers
didn't work but made things worst I decided to do a system restore.

The system is back to normal with no error messages but it wants to do
the upgrade. I recieved the following pop-ups from Comodo:

Update.exe is trying to modify a protected file or directory. I
clicked NO
then it repeated it, then it gave me this:
mpas-fe.exe is trying to create a new file or directory. I clicked NO
then it came back with the first pop up:
Update.exe is trying to modify a protected file or directory. I
clicked NO

It may be that Comodo caused the update problems but I'm still leary
of doing so. I mean I don't want to go through all this again for
naught. I usually click on the upgrades with no problems whatsoever,
this is the first time this type of thing has happened.

Suggestions/ Comments?
Robert
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

JMF

I usually click on the upgrades with no problems whatsoever,
this is the first time this type of thing has happened.

Robert,

I certainly don't have an answer for you, but as you can see from the
message I posted after you, I also had a mysterious effect from installing
this particular update (today). I have the strong feeling that there was
something about this particular update (which unfortunately I didn't take a
close look at while it was installing) that interacts in a strange way with
some of our programs (in my case, the ZoneAlarm firewall, in your case
Comodo).

John
 
D

dfrog

JMF said:
Robert,

I certainly don't have an answer for you, but as you can see from the
message I posted after you, I also had a mysterious effect from installing
this particular update (today). I have the strong feeling that there was
something about this particular update (which unfortunately I didn't take
a close look at while it was installing) that interacts in a strange way
with some of our programs (in my case, the ZoneAlarm firewall, in your
case Comodo).

John


Alarm bells ringing now !!
I did the Windows update today also - but there was one of the updates I
refused ( an ATI graphics card one- 'cos that's whats on my PC), because I
have seen frequently from P A Bear (MVP) that he recommends NOT to download
and install such updates from Microsoft, rather go to manufacturer site and
download any update.
This issue of yours may not be related to this, but I've mentioned it
anyway.
Good Luck

dfrog
 
J

JMF

dfrog said:
Alarm bells ringing now !!
I did the Windows update today also - but there was one of the updates I
refused ( an ATI graphics card one- 'cos that's whats on my PC), because I
have seen frequently from P A Bear (MVP) that he recommends NOT to
download and install such updates from Microsoft, rather go to
manufacturer site and download any update.
This issue of yours may not be related to this, but I've mentioned it
anyway.
Good Luck

dfrog

Aha - thanks, I'll start investigating now to see what might have been in
the update (if anything) to cause the interference/interaction.

John
 
R

Robert

Running Comodo v3.0.15.277 or higher?

Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security/msg/71770624....
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/


Thank you for the information and links. Ironically, today when I
logged on Comodo popped up with an upgrade option. It would have been
nice if they did this before the Microsoft upgrade, it would have
saved allot of people allot of problems and frustration. So I've
upgraded (hopefully to the new V3.0,15.277 or higher) and it is now
running a scan(recommended) and after that's finished I'll make a
System Restore Point and then try the Microsoft Updates again and hope
I don't have problems.


Robert
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Robert

Running Comodo v3.0.15.277 or higher?

Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security/msg/71770624....
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/


The Comodo upgrade was successful however a Comodo window appeared
afterwards which said:

New Private Network Detected! (it gave my i.p. adress below this)
The firewall had detected a new private network that your pc is about
to join. You may either cose this window or follow the steps in the
screen.

Step1 Give a name to this network e.g. (Home Network or Office
Network)

Step2 Decide if you want to trust other pc's in the network

___ I would like to be fully acccessible to the other pc's in this
network. Select
only to enable file/folder/printer and/or internet connection
sharing (e.g. for
your home or office networks)

___ Do not automatically detect the new networks.

I elected to close the window.

I then made a system restore point and then switched Comodo to
installation mode, and installed the Microsft updates which went very
smooth and without a problem.

I then set Comodo back to the Clear PC Mode (middle setting, otherwise
I would get Comodo pop-ups constantly if I set it higher) and
additionally clicked to block all unknown requests if the application
is closed (This hadn't been checked before).

After I installed the Microsoft updates and it restarted, the same
Comodo window came up again and I closed it but if it does so again,
I'm thinking it wants me to follow the steps. Obviously I don't want
to share any information so I would check the latter. Perhaps I
should also rename the network as home network to protect my isp
address?


Robert
 
Ad

Advertisements

P

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Check with Comodo Support or Comodo Forums.
The Comodo upgrade was successful however a Comodo window appeared
afterwards which said:

New Private Network Detected! (it gave my i.p. adress below this)
The firewall had detected a new private network that your pc is about
to join. You may either cose this window or follow the steps in the
screen.

Step1 Give a name to this network e.g. (Home Network or Office
Network)

Step2 Decide if you want to trust other pc's in the network

___ I would like to be fully acccessible to the other pc's in this
network. Select
only to enable file/folder/printer and/or internet connection
sharing (e.g. for
your home or office networks)

___ Do not automatically detect the new networks.

I elected to close the window.

I then made a system restore point and then switched Comodo to
installation mode, and installed the Microsft updates which went very
smooth and without a problem.

I then set Comodo back to the Clear PC Mode (middle setting, otherwise
I would get Comodo pop-ups constantly if I set it higher) and
additionally clicked to block all unknown requests if the application
is closed (This hadn't been checked before).

After I installed the Microsoft updates and it restarted, the same
Comodo window came up again and I closed it but if it does so again,
I'm thinking it wants me to follow the steps. Obviously I don't want
to share any information so I would check the latter. Perhaps I
should also rename the network as home network to protect my isp
address?


Robert
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top