[Update] TrackerV3 ver 4.00.0117

CoMa

TrackerV3
http://www.trackerv3.com/

TrackerV3 is an Advanced File System Explorer.
It comes with a Windows Explorer-like interface
but a far broader scope: you get much more
information and you get it all on the fly, plus
variously enhanced functionality and ease of
use, extended file find, reporting features,
multimedia preview, and ASCII/binary file view.

TrackerV3 runs under Win98/NT/Me/2000/XP.

You have the choice between the home license
or the professional license. Both of these licenses
provide you with all features, without any restrictions,
nags, or time limits. The home license, which is
free of charge, is restricted to non-commercial use.
Use in a commercial, educational, or governmental
environment requires a professional license (€ 39.95).

v4.00.0117 - 07.06.05 22:03
+ Configuration, Colors, Alternate grid colors: now you can choose
your grid style.
* Menu File/Save Configuration As...: now with common dialog
interface and overwrite warning.

v4.00.0115 - 07.06.05 13:23
+ Menu View, Style List: grid got a hipper style. Now it's alternate
row colors instead of grid lines. You can configure the color of the
even rows in Configuration/Colors/Grid Row.

v4.00.0113 - 03.06.05 08:29
* List view now keeps all selected files after auto-refresh (not
just the focused one).

v4.00.0111 - 01.06.05 10:53
+ Configuration, General: added checkbox "Auto-complete Name and
Location field" to give you choice, freedom, and responsibility.
* List view now keeps selected file after auto-refresh. Before it
kept the selected *position*, which was not necessarily the same
file as before the refresh.

v4.00.0110 - 31.05.05 13:03
! Full row select: now the whole selected row is inverted, not only
the name.
+ Menu Tools: added Open Recycle Bin. Just to give you fast access
to the garbage and to make the Tools menu a little bit fatter.
+ Menu Tools: added Open Control Panel.

v4.00.0108 - 30.05.05 22:28
! Cured mysterious mouse wheel paralysis.

v4.00.0106 - 30.05.05 09:56
+ Menu View, Style List: added Grid.
+ Menu View, Style List: replaced Hilite Focused Row by Full Row
Select.

/CoMa

John Corliss

CoMa said:
TrackerV3
http://www.trackerv3.com/

TrackerV3 is an Advanced File System Explorer.
It comes with a Windows Explorer-like interface
but a far broader scope: you get much more
information and you get it all on the fly, plus
variously enhanced functionality and ease of
use, extended file find, reporting features,
multimedia preview, and ASCII/binary file view.

TrackerV3 runs under Win98/NT/Me/2000/XP.

You have the choice between the home license
or the professional license. Both of these licenses
provide you with all features, without any restrictions,
nags, or time limits. The home license, which is
free of charge, is restricted to non-commercial use.
Use in a commercial, educational, or governmental
environment requires a professional license (€ 39.95).

CoMa,
This is a perfect example of what I call PROmotionware.

Bill Day

This is a perfect example of what I call PROmotionware.
John....not sure what you are worried about the author 'promoting',
but he has often posted in the forum, giving helpful suggestions,
taking ideas, and generally trying to make a good product better.

His 'professional' license for commercial users is pretty standard
practice, and the free version is not limited or nagging in any way.

Donald Lessau, as far as I can see is really one of the good guys.

(and his program is really clever and innovtive in many ways.)

Josh Randall

Bill Day said:
Donald Lessau, as far as I can see is really one of the good guys.

(and his program is really clever and innovtive in many ways.)

Yep, and I'd like to ask a related question. Why do think all these authors
offer their freeware for FREE?

Just wondering, as there is some really good stuff out there!

JR

Vic Dura

John....not sure what you are worried about the author 'promoting',
but he has often posted in the forum, giving helpful suggestions,
taking ideas, and generally trying to make a good product better.

His 'professional' license for commercial users is pretty standard
practice, and the free version is not limited or nagging in any way.

Donald Lessau, as far as I can see is really one of the good guys.

(and his program is really clever and innovtive in many ways.)

Well said and worth repeating.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Vic Dura" <[email protected]>
* Date:Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:47:46 -0500
* Subj: Re: [Update] TrackerV3 ver 4.00.0117

VD>On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:50:22 -0400, in alt.comp.freeware RE:
VD>Re:
VD>[Update] TrackerV3 ver 4.00.0117 Bill Day

VD>Well said and worth repeating.

Seconded...it's up to V118 BTW. He updates several times a week , some weeks.

Franklin

On Thu 09 Jun 2005 13:24:59, John Corliss wrote:
CoMa,
This is a perfect example of what I call PROmotionware.

I reckon TrackerV3 is a very good piece of free software. The
author, Donald Lessau, is highly responsive to feedback and
requests and takes freeware users seriously. In my book, he is
one of the good guys.

If he has a new version of Tracker then it is the sort of thing I
and probably others too would like to know.

Try it and see.

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <[email protected]>
* Newsgroup: alt.comp.freeware
* Reply to: All; "Franklin" <[email protected]>
* Date:Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:52:18 -0500
* Subj: Re: [Update] TrackerV3 ver 4.00.0117

F>On Thu 09 Jun 2005 13:24:59, John Corliss wrote:
F><
F>I reckon TrackerV3 is a very good piece of free software. The
F>author, Donald Lessau, is highly responsive to feedback and
F>requests and takes freeware users seriously. In my book, he is
F>one of the good guys.

F>If he has a new version of Tracker then it is the sort of thing
F>I and probably others too would like to know.

F>Try it and see.

....up to V120 this morning.