Outlook Update of Outlook Connector

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using "3" Broadband, which doesn't have it's own email, so I am using my Hotmail addresses and download these through the Outlook Connector programme.

This morning when I opened Office Outlook, I got a message saying I had to update Outlook Connector, which I duly tried to do but it kept on telling me that it had failed and to contact support. When you go onto Microsoft Support, you just get a virtual assistance and she is not programmed to answer this sort of question.

I then found a site to download Outlook Connector so I downloaded it again. It seemed to download, then ran the programme and also repaired it, but then I got a message

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT, version="8.0.50727.762",type="win 32-policy",processorArchitecture='"x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b". Please refer to Help and Support for more information

Without this download I cannot read any new emails through Microsoft Office Outlook and I have to go to my Hotmail account.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I have Windows Vista and my firewall is Comodo and my antivirus is Avira. I even tried deactivating both my firewall and my antivirus before trying to download the update again, but it still failed.

Reaction score
Since posting this request for help, it now seems like my Outlook Connector is working because new emails have come into my Office Outlook email. So thank you for reading this but I don't seem to need anybody's help.

Compused

Ask a Question