Up yours Banks !!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
About flipping time ... us 'poor' people should have Free banking anyway ... :D

Most of my monies goes in the bank at the beginning of the month, just in time for my debtors to take it out at the beginning of the month ... good job I have an overdraft as invariably I have to dip into it. :rolleyes:

Certainly makes me "panic" wondering who is going to win each month ...
nod.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
About flipping time ... us 'poor' people should have Free banking anyway ... :D

The Northerners? ;):p

did anyone hear about a late cheque fine on the radio. Banks charge up to 25 quid for people who forget to pay their bills etc. correct me if im wrong, i dont know much about banks :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I hope i can claim backdated charges ...A new crunching machine will gladly be bought and called

Fatwest :D

How funny most charges come out the day before salaries are paid ;)

Up yours Banks :lol: :lol:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The problem is to re-coup the money, they will probably start charging annual fees for credit cards and bank accounts....:(

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Ady

The problem is to re-coup the money, they will probably start charging annual fees for credit cards and bank accounts....:(

Yes then that will go on for a few years earning them Billions..then after a few million pound handouts to Electoral parties , they will again be hauled in by a independant watchdog who will deem their policy illegal and stop them .

Then the whole vicious cycle will begin again......

Government ministers and Bank managers ..Cleaner than daz eh :p

yeh Whatever and the real losers again are ?????
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Interest free overdrafts put a stop to a few charges i think... £300 should do it, and if in doubt - use the credit card and then pay it off when you are sure.

Always automatically pay the minimum repayment on your credit then pay off what the most you can afford is.

And always have some cash stashed away somewhere!! I have lots of different accounts in the halifax that i can view in my online account together so its easy to manage my cash.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Maybe true Chris :thumb:

But we have to protect the masses and im afraid theres too many that can be manipulated and unfortunately this is what banks do

Try getting your wages paid in cash on a thursday ...Your employer will laugh at you and tell you its not possible...Try it and tell me i am wrong :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
At my local RBS you can choose a luverly boiled sweet from a basket on the counter every time you visit the branch :cool: . I never use the cash machine anymore :D Its probably just a quaint northern custom as I've seen nowt like it down south :p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
itsme said:
There`s polite your getting in your old age mucks:lol:
Well, I have not been personally bothered by my bank ... I have a 'free' agreed overdraft, a Debt & CC. I am an old stick, in that, I very rarely spend more than I have ... hmmm, must pay my brother for the PC stuff I had recently ... although I have gotten use to not actually seeing any money these days too. :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Well, I have not been personally bothered by my bank ... I have a 'free' agreed overdraft, a Debt & CC. I am an old stick, in that, I very rarely spend more than I have ... hmmm, must pay my brother for the PC stuff I had recently ... although I have gotten use to not actually seeing any money these days too. :D

Exactly the same here:thumb: ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
About time

Just had a bank statement from Na*wes* and they bought to my attention their charges have been reduced to £12 from £28....strange that eh when the watchdog said they should never be higher than £12...they still are trying to screw us hence the top limit charge still.

Great news though :thumb:

Latest
HSBC, Lloyds TSB and Nationwide are among the banks to have reduced their “default charges” to £12 already, although others such as Halifax and Barclays are delaying the cuts until August, which will squeeze a few more pounds out of their long-suffering customers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The stats show that over 65% of customers will stay with the same bank that they have when they start working for the whole of their working lives.
Not me, my bank is getting the tin tack soon:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've moved 3 times, to whichever has been the best at the time :) I've been with Smile bank for 3 years now and it is the only other establishment (alongside Crucial memory) that I just cannot fault at all :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
It works

Wife just recieved £800 backdated charges cheque from 1 bank with an apology....
happywave.gif
. More people should take it up. The ombudsman getting involved says no one has lost a case yet ...you can go back 6 years

Reaction score
Ian...

Do you have to put a specific amount of cash into a Smile account, can't really figure it out on there website.

Chris

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think so Chris, I didn't as far as I remember - give them a call, they're really lovely!

Ask a Question