unwanted replacement of favorites with porn links

I think my last message got lost.
A website with the address http://www.webcoolsearch.com kept making itself my homepage and replacing all my favorites with porn links. I cannot tolerate this, losing my favorites and having porn sites on my work computer.

I have blocked the website, asked to be prompted for cookie installation, and locked in my homepage, but it still periodically (once a week) replaces my favorites with porn links.
Any idea hoe to prevent this?
Thanks!

MikeA

Most likely it is a spyware.
Download free program Ad-Aware from Lavasoft site and run it. It will clean
your computer without any pain.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
MikeA
DrGail said:
I think my last message got lost.
A website with the address http://www.webcoolsearch.com kept making itself
my homepage and replacing all my favorites with porn links. I cannot
tolerate this, losing my favorites and having porn sites on my work
computer.
I have blocked the website, asked to be prompted for cookie installation,
and locked in my homepage, but it still periodically (once a week) replaces
my favorites with porn links.

DVarnau

You need CWShredder from http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html It's written
and updated to deal specifically with Coolwebsearch. Other programs don't
remove it completely.

Then see Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
For security tips.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org