Unreal II - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

Michael Fritz

Hi,

using a fresh installation of WinXP pro (DirectX 9.0c, SP1, Catalyst 4.10
for a X800pro), I did a new installation of Unreal II and Unreal Expanded
Multiplayer.

However the mentioned games (and some other too) keep crashing with an
D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR. This happens at least when trying to use the
fullscreen option or when changing some of the graphics details settings.

The critical error dialog tells the I should delete the unreal2.ini and
restart. As this helps for starting again it does not help when changing
the settings again.

Are there any known settings in game or in the Catalyst driver to work
around this problem? Using Windows 98SE before I did not encounter any
problems playing these games, however I used a GF2 Ti instead.

The OS is updated (without SP2 cause this seems to make more problems),
Norton AV 2003 is disabled, all drivers (motherboard, soundcard Audigy) are
up to date.

Jimmy S.

Hi Michael,

The first thing I suggest you do is look through the archives for that error at:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR&btnG=Google+Search&meta

This way, you can take advantage of the discussions which have already occurred. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Michael Fritz

Jimmy S." wrote in message said:
The first thing I suggest you do is look through the archives for that error at:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR&btnG=Google+Search&meta
Jimmy,

of course I did that already but the web and newsgroup search did not
return any appropriate solution.

The best solution so far however was: remove the ATI (4.10) drivers and
replace them by the Omega (4.10 beat) ones. So far the described error
disappeared. Just one little issue remained when starting UT2003 which
needs some more investigation.

Thx!

Jimmy S.

Thanks for the feedback Michael!

Omega drivers are resolving a lot of gaming issues lately.

Cheers,
Jimmy.