Unlocking mobiles

Reaction score
I have just been given a new mobile (samsung d500) that is locked to orange, how do i get it unlocked, if i get it done "on the cheap" will it damage it? Would orange charge me? If i get it unlocked i could stay with o2? But if i change to orange can i take my mobile number with me from o2.
All may sound a bit silly to those of you in the know, but i'm changing my phone for the first time in 5 years!:blush:

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yes you can get it onlocked to any network - there are many places out there that can do it and its highly unlikely to damage it, just google ;)

Orange MAY unlock it for you, ask them - but they will definately charge you.

Yes you can port your O2 number to Orange - just call O2 customer services and get a porting reference number (or whatever they call it!), then give it to Orange and they will sort it :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There's a coupla places round here that will unlock it for a tenner.

But if you Google, you'll be able to find software, free, where you can do the job yourself.

You'll either have to connect the D500 to your computer via the USB port or maybe through a dongle, I'm really not sure which as I've never done that.

Reaction score
Going to get the phoned "un-locked" either through Orange or by a guy at a local market. Staying with o2 as i have changed my tariff to one that is better for me. Thanks for all the advice:thumb:

Reaction score
There are a few site doing it for free online nowadays just try searching its dead easy to do

Ask a Question