Universities

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not from Hertfordshire, but I know quite a bit from friends at uni's all over the country if you are looking for somewhere to go?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What's a University?

Da made me clean chimneys when I was five and sent me down pit when I was nine.

Aye, it's tough oop North.

Is Hertfordshire near Cambridgeshire?

Kinda.

Depends what car you got.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im not at uni yet but i may be at herts or coventry in september

Reaction score
I'm really stuck. I don't know whether to choose Canterbury or Staffordshire (although I don't really intend to go to either), and now I've just found out that Manchester do the course I want to do - But I'm gonna be super late in applying to it..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its still not too late to apply - you get 6 choices after all, so there's no harm in trying. If its not a popular course then you stand a good chance at getting in most places if your grades meet the requirements. Which couse are you thinking about?

(I'm at Manchester myself)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Its still not too late to apply - you get 6 choices after all, so there's no harm in trying. If its not a popular course then you stand a good chance at getting in most places if your grades meet the requirements. Which couse are you thinking about?

(I'm at Manchester myself)

Media, culture and society.

I have now applied, but I've just been informed there are only 15 places!!!! That, for a university the size/popularity of manchester, is ridiculous!

Ho hum. They ask for BBB, I (should) have AACa.. but like I said, I've left it untill the last day of applying! Oops. Still, whats manchester like then? I love the whole factory records/hacienda/joy division thing. It's either that or Birmingham i think.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Manchester is a great place to be now (I think anyway) - especially if you're into your music and going out (best clubs outside London). After almost 4 years here I still love the place, and its changed beyond all recognition from 10+ years ago.

Was it Manchester Uni or Manchester Met Uni you applied to for the course? It does seem strange how there are only 15 places... perhaps try something in the same department which has the same modules, as there is bound to be something very similar. My course has 14 people on it technically, but I'm still in lectures with 60 other people half the time. (and 120 of the same people up until this year).

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Manchester is a great place to be now (I think anyway) - especially if you're into your music and going out (best clubs outside London). After almost 4 years here I still love the place, and its changed beyond all recognition from 10+ years ago.

Was it Manchester Uni or Manchester Met Uni you applied to for the course? It does seem strange how there are only 15 places... perhaps try something in the same department which has the same modules, as there is bound to be something very similar. My course has 14 people on it technically, but I'm still in lectures with 60 other people half the time. (and 120 of the same people up until this year).

It was the main Manchester university I applied to. I think if I don't get into Birmingham or Manchester, I might try again next year and go for a gap year because only those two really do 'Media, culture and society' - and most other regular media studies courses are more practical and not really respected.

What subject are you studying? My friend is doing chemistry there actually. He says in 4 months he has never been back to the same club twice! Heh, sounds good!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, I can imagine that! There must be 100's of student nights each week :D I'm doing Aerospace Engineering (with Avionics + Aerospace Systems) - really enjoying it and hoping to to a PhD in it next year hopefully.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
What's a University?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Spent 4 years at one & still haven't figured it out.

Ooops gotta go, time to get the kids ready for the mine. Went easy on that boy of ours, didn't make him start 'till he was 7 years old!!! Why back in my day twas hauling out the coal while still in nappies!!! This younger generation... don't know how easy they've got it!

Ask a Question