A Giant 'Wall' of Galaxies

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Fascinating stuff. :nod:

And it's so difficult to comprehend the numbers involved having nothing with which to compare. Certainly makes Planet Earth seem vanishingly tiny. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow! Truly amazing. It's so difficult to actually get one's mind around the figures that are involved, but, at the same time, it is absolutely fascinating.

I certainly don't find it difficult to imagine there being other forms of life "out there" be it microbial, or even "beings" of some kind.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The way things are progressing mate. About 400 - 500 years will be enough

Quite probably! Still think I might not be able to see it though :lol:

I certainly don't find it difficult to imagine there being other forms of life "out there" be it microbial, or even "beings" of some kind.

Yep, I agree - I'd be very very surprised if there wasn't any other life out there.

Reaction score
Yeah Ian, I agree. Chances are I won't even get to see the first Mars base. A shame really!

I'm a believer! I think anyone who thinks there isn't any other life is naive?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
We only ever think of life the way we know it here on Earth. Life here is a consequence of the conditions here (it couldn't be any other way), carbon based with oxidation as the main source of energy. We probably wouldn't recognise any other type of life that was not carbon based and not dependent on oxidation so unless we found another place similar to Earth where the aliens all had two arms, two legs, two eyes and a mouth we would struggle badly.

Previously in SF films all aliens had to be humanoid so that actors could play them but I suppose that doesn't always apply now that we have CGI. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Scientists have never understood the meaning of the word "INFINITE" have they? ;)

Ask a Question