Unitech PA962 Win 4.2 and CF 2.0

Daniel Krejèíø

Hallo,
do you have someone some experiences with installing Compact Framework 2.0
SP1 to Unitech PA962 device? The installation seems to be OK, but the "Hello
Word" Windows CE 5.0 device application wrote in VS2005 doesn´t work in
device.
The error message tells that it is requested the newer version of .NET
Compact Framework. I meen that framework is not installed correctly in
device.
Thanks for help
Dan Krejèíø

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

The device probably comes from the factory with .NET CF 1.0 in it, not .NET
CF 2.0. If your application targets .NET CF 2.0, which would be the most
likely case, since you built it with VS2005, it won't find the framework
that it needs when you try to run it. If you deploy the program to the
device from VS2005 and your settings are correct, the framework should be
deployed along with the program.

Paul T.

Daniel Krejèíø

It's from factory really with .NET F 1.0. I follow your hints and the cf 2
copied into device by deploy solution in VS2005. The files was transfered
and cf2 seems to be installed (I see it in ActiveSync). But the program
still doesn't run. I take notice of WinCE registy, there are no keys or
values for framework 2.0. I don't know what have to be there.
Dan

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT
com> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Well, that's a bit mysterious. Try downloading the .NET CF 2.0SP1 from
www.microsoft.com/downloads (the redistributable package), and install that.
It will create an entry in the Add/Remove Programs system of ActiveSync and
install the framework to the device the next time it's connected to
ActiveSync. Do that and see if your program then runs on the device. It's
a mystery to me why you would be having a problem with the deployed
framework...

Paul T.

Daniel Krejèíø [email protected]> said:
[...]

Ilya Tumanov [MS]

CE 4.2 CABs are NOT installed via AS by NETCF MSI, and they are NOT
installed by VS 2005, manual installation required.

To make sure you have correct version of NETCF installed on device, navigate
to \windows and click on cgacutil.exe.

--
Best regards,

Ilya

*** Want to find answers instantly? Here's how... ***

1. Go to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework?hl=en
2. Type your question in the text box near "Search this group" button.
3. Hit "Search this group" button.
4. Read answer(s).