Unable to view updates to web

G

Using FP2003, uploaded web and all is well. Published changes 5 or 6 times. Now all of sudden I can publish changes that every can see but me. I have four different computers on my home network. All will go to the site but it is not the site the rest of the world is seeing. I deleted all temp internet files, all cookies, all offline content. They still all go to the site but it is the way it looked four hours ago. I can make updates while talking with another user and they will see my published changes right away. I click on the view published site right in FP and it still does not show the changes. I then deleted the web from the server using the online control panel. I could still go to the site that was no longer there on all four of my computers, where the &%^$ are they getting the site from? I then republished the site, then deleted it off of my computer, then imported the site. When I opened the imported site in FP it was the correct current site. Then tried to open in IE and get the old one again.??? Also just downloaded Netscape, no help it goes to a site that really isn't there. What am I missing?? I also unistalled FP server extensions and reinstalled. no help.

G

Correction to above I published the site back to my computer not import. Basically all saved changes publish to the server and everyone but me can see them instantly. Some Internet Explorer setting messed up?
Thanks.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

It is possible that your ISP is caching pages. Do you know anyone near you that is using the same
ISP where you could check to see if they are seeing the new content?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

sa174 said:
Correction to above I published the site back to my computer not import. Basically all saved
changes publish to the server and everyone but me can see them instantly. Some Internet Explorer
setting messed up??

G

Thank's, I'll check into that. Didn't know they could do t hat. I am on a high speed wireless system (not sat.)

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Check File Publish Site and the location you are publishing to vs. the URL you are looking at

--

| Thank's, I'll check into that. Didn't know they could do t hat. I am on a high speed wireless system (not sat.)

Ask a Question