Unable to Restore a Image Created from CompletePC Backup

I did a completePC backup onto my secondary hard drive (D drive, where image
is stored). I then tried to restore from that image by restarting the PC,
pressing F8, and getting to "Advanced Boot Options" screen. However,
according to vista instruction, I was supposed to see a "Repair your
computer" option there, but I don't see that. As a result, I couldn't go on
to get to the "system recovery options" menu to do my restore. Could anyone
please help?

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Do you have a copy of the Vista DVD? If so, boot from that and you will see
the repair option.

..

"Trouble with CompletePC Backup" <Trouble with CompletePC
news:[email protected]...

Thanks for your reply. But the problem with using Vista install CD is that my
IDE cable is only long enough to hook up to the two hard drives. If I hook it
up to the CD-ROM drive, then I lose one of the hard drives. That's why I
can't use the Vista CD.

Lang Murphy

"Trouble with CompletePC Backup"
Thanks for your reply. But the problem with using Vista install CD is that
my
IDE cable is only long enough to hook up to the two hard drives. If I hook
it
up to the CD-ROM drive, then I lose one of the hard drives. That's why I
can't use the Vista CD.

Hmmm... you don't have a DVD/CD drive in your PC? That's, uh, odd. I mean,
not unreasonable, I guess, but I just can't image a PC without a DVD/CD
drive.

Lang

Not Me

You only have one cable?
Most Motherboards have 2 EIDE plugs, each has 2 ports available
(primary/secondary aka master/slave), the 2 HDDS can be on 1 cable and the
CD/DVD on the other.
Otherwise, you can get a PCI card that has additional EIDE ports, or if new
enough SATA for the HDDs and use the eide for the CD/DVD.

"Trouble with CompletePC Backup"