Windows XP Unable To Reinstall Xp Pro With Scsi Dual Drive

Reaction score
Hello

I have a dell precision 670-scsci(adaptec logic controllers) dual drive(raid controller-0 and 1 loaded with xp sp2 pro and then i downloaded the sp3, due to some other reasons i wants to re format the windows when i tried first from the boot from cd i got the message that the version u have is higher than u are installing so u can not install.
then i tried to remove the sp3 from add/remove programms and while the process is going on then i got the message at the end that no file was found.
so i boot in to the original what i already working and then i put the xp cd and tried to re format then when the setup asked me whether to repair/reinstall i said once repair and the other time re instal but both the times i got the message setup can not detect any hard drives on your computer
but simaltaneously when i re boot i can see my dual hard drives with raid array,
so i wanted to know if i would like to reformat the computer then whether have i to remove the arry by going in to the scsi raid controller settings and then to create a new array.

this is really confusing me as if i dont know and i delete then i may loose what i am already using.
so i request you friends to look into this problem and help me to re install
please give details step by step so that i can follow them as it is.
thanks alot
cmfugen

Reaction score
You need to have the SCSI drivers on a floppy disk.

During the first few screens whilst setup loads its native drivers for setting up windows it will ask you to press F3 (i think its F3) if you wish to load a specific driver.
You need to have the floppy in the drive and afterwards it will be able to detect your drives via the SCSI card.

Hope it helped.

:D

Ask a Question