unable to define Cached Exchange Mode

While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached Exchange Mode is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Hi Diane,

I am using Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

regds
Ranjith

Diane Poremsky said:
do you have Windows xp sp2 installed?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Cached Exchange Mode said:
While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached Exchange Mode
is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I was thinking rpc/http when I asked that question. Sorry.

what version of exchange? are you using a logon script that disables it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Cached Exchange Mode" <Cached Exchange Mode @discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type
the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached Exchange
Mode
is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Exchange server verions is 2000

I do not know logon script disable it or not, However I have tried without
logon and conneting to the server but the same problem.

However my collegue using the same logon script and the same network is able
to get this access. Basically we all are in one single network and using the
same exchange server for mails.

Earlier I was using Outlook2002 and recently ininstalled that & installed
2003, this I have done for both my desktop and laptop, both the computer I am
not getting cached exchange mode enabled.

wrote in message
While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type
the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached Exchange
Mode
is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

since you upgraded from a version that does not support cached mode, did you
try a new profile?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Diane Poremsky said:
I was thinking rpc/http when I asked that question. Sorry.

what version of exchange? are you using a logon script that disables it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Cached Exchange Mode" <[email protected]>
wrote
in message news:[email protected]...

:

wrote in message
While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type
the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached
Exchange
Mode
is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Yes, I have tried re-creating the profile multiple times. The old version of
Outlook 2002 have been uninstalled prior to the latest version installation.

Diane Poremsky said:
I was thinking rpc/http when I asked that question. Sorry.

what version of exchange? are you using a logon script that disables it?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Cached Exchange Mode" <[email protected]>
wrote
in message Hi Diane,

wrote in message
While I am configuring the exchange server setting I am able to type
the
server details and able to find the name. However the Cached
Exchange
Mode
is
not selectable. Please advise how can I configure this.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Your network administrators might have blocked the use of Cached Exchange mode. Have you talked to them?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

They could look at any Group Policy Objects set up to manage user settings.

This is a really dumb question, but you are using Outlook 2003, right?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP