Windows XP Ultimate Boot CD 4

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Available here

New version, has more recovery and other software on it than you can shake a stick at. Now fills up a whole CD. It's free.

Boots to a multichoice screen, including the main CD, Memtest; Windows recovery console, Boot & Nuke and others.

Main program is setup as a pseudo Win XP screen with all software programs available from the Start button and icons on main screen.

This is well worth having, a very valuable tool.

Be sure to read the instructions. Basically you install the downloaded file (239Mb) to your hard disk, load your Win XP CD to a folder on your hard disk, create the ISO and then burn the ISO.

I don't know if it will work with Vista, I'll have to try that, but it works very well indeed with XP.

I used a Win XP CD I'd created where I'd slipstreamed SP3.

Anyways folks, if you give it a whirl be sure to report back here in this thread what you think of it.

Reaction score
Very good Thread Flopps,

I will make one of these in the next few days, and report back here to let you know what I think. :)

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Made one of those CDS today and its great. However I am unable to make the iso using a Windows Vista CD, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Wizkid

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Made one of those CDS today and its great. However I am unable to make the iso using a Windows Vista CD, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Wizkid

Hi Wiz
Go HERE and try either the 32bit or 64bit recorder to make an ISO..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Hi Wiz
Go HERE and try either the 32bit or 64bit recorder to make an ISO..

Hi Madxgraphics,

Thanks for your reply and the link.

This is the error that I am getting when trying to Build UB4CD with a Vista CD. This file is an XP file I have tried copying the Vista CD to a folder on the hard drive and its sill the same.

Any more ideas.

Thanks

Wiz

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 520

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, I'm quite sure it's only designed to be burnt from an XP CD as the program opens with a Win XP interface.

Reaction score
Hi Both,

It does look like it can only be burnt with an XP Disk thats not a problem because most of my computers have XP anyway and only one has Vista on it. I can boot it from my Vista CD but some of the programs won't work. But when I try it on all my other computers with XP its works fine. :)

Regards,
Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You should be able to run it on any machine as it boots from the CD. However, I'd imagine you'd be limited to which programs you can run as I doubt if the main program will recognise Vista on the machine.

I must try that and see sometime.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
You should be able to run it on any machine as it boots from the CD. However, I'd imagine you'd be limited to which programs you can run as I doubt if the main program will recognise Vista on the machine.

I must try that and see sometime.

Hi,

I seemed to get all the programs working apart from Reg Cleaner that flagged an error when trying to open, on the system with Vista. But everything else seemed to work fine.

Thanks,

Wiz

Ask a Question