UFO's

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There's a gnome who lives on my patio who told me about that the other night. He said the tooth fairy recommended it too but apparently the local Yeti had different views.

No matter, the local fairies association, pausing a while from their 'Rights to better Mushroom Homes campaign' said that a covert break-in to Hangar 18 proved conclusively that Venusians and Martians had almost reached a satisfactory agreement about property and land division on Uranus. Well that's a relief I guess.

Calling occupants.....

There may or may be not other life residing beyond our ken. Thus far, to my knowledge, we have no proof of this.

Any media that 'investigates' the subject is merely pandering to human interest and exploiting our natural curiosity. I could put such a program together, it would be convincing but it would be 100% false and 100% pandering to a common denominator.

I'd like to believe we're not alone and I think it's likely we're not. But until I see proof, them aliens won't bother me.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Here comes:

See, there ALWAYS is a logical explanation.

:dance:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Arthur C. Clarke

:) When you think about it he's right.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Interesting video Bootneck :thumb:

No matter how sceptical one might feel about whether "anyone is really out there," it's undeniable that some of the folk who claim to have experienced sightings, are not all from the "loony fringe."

Hi-ranking Colonels, various military personnel, police, pilots, etc., have reported seeing "something." Occasionally, those "somethings" are even picked-up on radar.

Who knows where the objects originate from, but a good point was made by someone in the film: if these objects are terrestrial in origin, then why aren't off-shoots of the technology being used to benefit mankind? Surely by now, some of it would have filtered through into common usage..? (Such as the way that NASA projects have provided us with various space-age technologies... the emergency hypothermia blanket, being an example. You know, those silvery jobbies...?)

If humans really have invented craft which can zoom around at incredible speeds, surely that technology would be useful in reducing the time it takes to fly from London to Melbourne? Or in saving our supplies of fossil fuels?

Obviously there are some accounts which are just plain fanciful, others which are blatant hoaxes and yet more which are easily explainable. But there are others which appear not to fall into any of the above categories and remain intriguing. :nod:

Oh and Sir Flopps, could you let me have the address of the local fairies association please..? I want to complain about their late-night reveling with a set of ne'er-do-well pixies who inhabit the bottom of our garden. :fool: :D

Reaction score
I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind.
That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind!!:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On the question of why humans may have knowledge of advanced technology but won't let the public access it or be aware of it the answer is simple - money.

When I was at school we had these competitions to design cars and many of the designs kids came up with looked very futuristic. Some kids even suggested making cars with aluminium bodywork to overcome the rusting problem.

Well blow me down, if you look at those kids' sketches from the sixties and todays most popular vehciles they could be one and the same. And what do Audi make some of their cars' bodywork with?

So why weren't these designs - mostly more aerodynamic and efficient - used until recently? Because it suited the Captains of Industry to take your cash for another Cortina destined to rust away over five years, that's why.

So if some new technology exists don't automatically assume we will benefit from it, we'll never benefit from anything until somebody can make some money from it.

There are probably cheaper alternative fuels available as well (used chip oil anybody?) but until the Goverment has wrested every last penny of tax from fossil fuels it's doubtful we'll see them in common use or indeed at all.

Call me a cynic but when pondering why, always think profit, for that is how the Western World works. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends, mostly, on your political posture.

And TC, I'll get the noise abatement lads down to sort them Pixies out ;)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
65_years.png

The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there’s no good reason to go into space—each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision.

5ded8f501f5569f4487e5611899dc6eb.gif

Reaction score
I think the number of sightings that have not been explained according to the film is 5% which is in reality is only a very small number and no doubt science will be able to explain them in the future ( probobly after the little green men have landed and exterminating the human race:lol:)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Interestimg that this thread has appeared just as there is a new "theory" about the 1947 Roswell incident in which a spaceship crashed in New Mexico with aliens on board.

LINK

All seems rather far fetched to me. :blush:

Reaction score
Just another theory, there may be some truth in it but until the US government comes out with a credible story or even the truth I guess we will never know. But one can understand the culture of conspiracy theories over there.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thing is, most of want to believe there are aliens out there, I know I'd like to.

Being human we always picture extraterrestial life more or less in our own image but the truth is they could take any form.

Perhaps they are just an energy mass invisible to us and they're moving amongst us observing already.

Oh hang on, sorry, confused them with HM Customs & Excise for a minute there ;)

To my mind, and no offence intended here, the idea of lots of ET's being out there is much the same as religion. Lovely idea but without proof I don't believe either of them ;)

Ask a Question