"Ubuntu forums hacked"

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS team is working hard to restore normal operations.

The attackers have gotten every user's local username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.

The passwords are not stored in plain text. If you were using the same password, however, as your Ubuntu Forums on another service (such as email), you are strongly encouraged to change the password on the other service ASAP.

Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are NOT affected by the breach.

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Would that be the Ubuntu forum that runs on Linux servers and is/are apparently so secure an un hackable ? :lol::fool::lol::fool::lol::fool:

They have now taken the site offline

2ushhes.png

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All I'll say is - Canonical sucks, so I'm not surprised.

Seems to me the spirit of Linux is almost lost, most Linux distros now seem to be changing the goalposts and heading in the same direction as Win 8.

With the notable exception amongst the 'majors' of Slackware.

Anyhow, I suspect that's the reason behind the attack, disgruntled hardcore and old school Linux bods.

But I could be wrong.

Ask a Question