Turn off Hibernate?

G

Somehow Hibernate became active on my computer while I was on vacation.(kid)
I have been trying to de-activate it to no avail. I go to "user acounts" and get a message, "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class". I click "ok" on the pop-up and then put check in box to log on with welcome screen, but it doesn't change anything.
I thought maybe I would be sneaky and do "system restore", But it isn't working either. Have plenty of restore dates, but it keeps telling me "unable to restore to earlier time". I don't know if sys rest would've fixed my 1st problem but thought I would give it a try. XP Home Edition.
Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

G

I'm not sure why you would go to user accounts to attempt to deactivate the hibernate feature. It's in the power options in the control panel or you can right click on your desktop then click properties then the screen saver tab and then under "monitor power" click the power button then the hibernate tab and uncheck the box. }:~)

G

Thank you UP

The Unknown P said:
I'm not sure why you would go to user accounts to attempt to deactivate the hibernate feature. It's in the power options in the control panel or you can right click on your desktop then click properties then the screen saver tab and then under "monitor power" click the power button then the hibernate tab and uncheck the box. }:~)

Ask a Question