TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-S182M

Reaction score
ok everytime i start my pc i get a msg saying to install TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-S182M i have no idea why its giving me this msg all the dam time, i havnt baught anything to be installed or downloaded anything, if any one might know why its giving me this mesg it would be gr8.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The device its pointing to is a Samsung DVD-RW....do you have one on your PC?

You don't say what operating system you are using or anything about your PC, but it may be that the drivers for the device have been corrupted somehow and everytime you boot up it wants to re-install them.

Have a look under System Properties>Hardware>Device Manager and see if you have a yellow '?' next to that device.......if so it means its not installed correctly.

In which case I would shut down the PC, open the side of the case and detach the cable ribbon from the device and re-boot, then shutdown again, re-attach the ribbon and boot up again....when Windows starts it will detect it as a new device, so allow windows to install it.

If for some reason it can't then it may be the device is defective.

Edit: Just found a thread HERE from someone using Vista Home Premium, and I'm wondering if yours is a similar issue.

Reaction score
im using windows xp and i checked the device manager and its not yellow

devicemanager.jpg

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK, try removing the device and re-installing using the steps I listed above.

Ask a Question