Windows Vista trouble with mswmm file

Reaction score
I created a home video in MS Movie Maker. I burned it to DVD with MS DVD maker. The DVD works great however I would like to make more copies and even have a file I can email. However when ever I try to open the file in MS Movie Maker or DVD Maker I get a message that reads.
The file C:\User\owner\videos\pappap.MSWMM cannot be opened because it is not a valid Windows Movie Maker project file or corrupted

Can I save this? I just want to make more copies for other family members. I even tried to rip it from the DVD and could not do that.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If the file is corrupt then you have probably lost it unfortunately. However, as you have it on DVD you should be able to make more copies and rip it ok (how did it fail when you tried to rip?).

Most DVD burning applications can copy DVD>DVD so you can duplicate it that way, but to e-mail the file you'll need to rip it using something like this:

http://www.smallvideosoft.com/dvd-ripper/

(I've not tried that application before, so I don't know how good it is - it just came up on google for a free DVD ripper).

Reaction score
I use the Video Converter for my iPod and it is fantastic..T he Screen vidoe capture is also prety good, although sound quality could be improved, as fro the rest,not tried it yet.........

Reaction score
When I go into Windows Media Player to rip the movie from my DVD the program does not read the DVD. It says "to being, insert audio CD into the CD Drive" So how do I get the program to read the dvd and rip the movie?

James

Ask a Question