trouble with a template

I've made a template page with some background colors and shared borders.
whenever i try to use the template to make a new page, and type text onto the
page, it puts my text behind the background so i have to click the position
box and move it up the z-axis. this doesn't seem right. anyone have any
ideas?
thanks
Nancy

Ronx

As a guess - remove the absolute positioning. Text in an absolutely
positioned container will give you problems if you resize the browser or
use View->Text Size in the browser to increase the text size, and other
users WILL do this.

A link to a published page will help to see and resolve the problem.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"Newbie with frontpage" <[email protected]>

Thanks for your response, but it looks like I didn't ask the question right.
I made a template with a background color and then a table in front of it
with a contrasting color. theoretically, when i open the template to make a
new page, and put the cursor anywhere i should be able to type and it should
be on top, but it was invisible and after many tries i finally figured out
that it was putting my text BEHIND the two layers that were already there
when it seem intuitive to put my new text ON TOP of the two layers that were
already there via the template. any suggestions?
thanks
Nancy

Ronx

Remove the layers. They are probably unnecessary.

A non-positioned table will have a z-index of 0. I do not know what
z-index you have given the layers because I have not seen the code, but
if it's more than 0, the layers will be "above" the table -hence the
table is not accessible to type into.

A link to a page, or paste the code into a reply here, will help give a
solution that does not include guesswork.