Trogan Horse Generic6.UTQ in System Restore

Reaction score
Hello

While I am not new to computers, I am new to viruses being on my system. The computer I am using is my business computer - I am a business owner (tropical fish store!) and I am constantly using my computer for work.

I have AVG Virus Scanner Free version on my computer and this morning found out that I have another virus show up today. Both have been this "Trogan Horse Generic6.UTQ. The first was in a file that I did not download and today, I found one in my system restore.

I noticed that on Tuesday I had lost an entire folder of personal files and now cannot find it. I had put it in the recycle bin - to make a long story short, I was online with DELL support and didn't want them hooking into my files. You never know, you know?

Anyway, now I can't find that folder and the same day, I had this file downloaded on my system. I know it wasn't DELL because I was online with them for a hardware question - it was about my monitor. Anyway, if anyone knows what kind of virus this is and if it is deadly to my system, can I remove it entirely through AVG or should I let it sit in it's virus vault?

Here is the entire name of the file:

Trogan Horse Generic6.UTQ

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

The Jackellette
a.k.a. Wendy

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If you don't trust Dell, why would you trust us ? ;)

Please turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn System Restore back on and create a restore point.

I would like to see you post a HijackThis Log here ... if you do, do not turn "System Restore" back on for the moment.

Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

:user:

Ask a Question