Trojan Horse PSW.Agent.VQA

Reaction score
My AVG picked this up last night.. Trojan Horse PSW.Agent.VQA 2 files infected. I have Windows XP, My computer is a dell. I havent been able to find anything on the net about it. My first scan it showed up and I wasnt sure what to do within AVG to get rid of it.. I assumed avg automatically deleted it or saved to vault.. I ran it again and it again showed up.

AVG says the virus is within these files

C:\dell\drivers\r67846\data1.cab:\dell_support.exe
C:\dell\drivers\r67846\data1.cab:\ds_tutorial.exe

Any help with getting rid of this will be appreciated.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
This could be a false positive by AVG....looking at the name of the 'Trojan' it appears to be saying its a 'password' agent, this could well be merely something to do with Dell's checking system for when you use their inbuilt support agent.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Found an entry at another forum HERE from yesterday with the same issue - this looks to me more and more that this is probably a false positive after a recent AVG definations update.....

Reaction score
fatfreesyrup said:
My AVG picked this up last night.. Trojan Horse PSW.Agent.VQA 2 files infected. I have Windows XP, My computer is a dell. I havent been able to find anything on the net about it. My first scan it showed up and I wasnt sure what to do within AVG to get rid of it.. I assumed avg automatically deleted it or saved to vault.. I ran it again and it again showed up.

AVG says the virus is within these files

C:\dell\drivers\r67846\data1.cab:\dell_support.exe
C:\dell\drivers\r67846\data1.cab:\ds_tutorial.exe

Any help with getting rid of this will be appreciated.
I got it too. Ran my AVG for almost 3 hours and it moved the false positive to the "virus vaults" but now I am trying to get ZA back again. Good luck.
FYI I found it in C:progarmFiles\Dell\Support\bin\Dell Support.exe and also in ...Dell\Support\bin\DS Tutorial.exe

Reaction score
Thank you! I have had the comp for about 4 years...I also ran into a problem with it hanging up on shut down and the windows loading screen when starting up.

I went out n bought a new comp today.. an HP.. haha.. thank god for student loans.. that comp was way out of date but has been great up till this month...

Thanks for the replies.. it is sitting in the corner waiting for some patients...

Reaction score
fatfreesyrup said:
Thank you! I have had the comp for about 4 years...I also ran into a problem with it hanging up on shut down and the windows loading screen when starting up.

I went out n bought a new comp today.. an HP.. haha.. thank god for student loans.. that comp was way out of date but has been great up till this month...

Thanks for the replies.. it is sitting in the corner waiting for some patients...

Well that won't be me. no student loans-hahaha

I need help with getting Zone Alarm back. I have the paid version. And my computer is working just fine with that one exception. Any other ideas?

Mahalo from far away.

Ask a Question