running.

And no trouble with MSAS and IE7, real time protection and phising
protection !

One thing a noticed was memory consuming from tmproxy.exe, Trend must
avoid to be another bloaty "Njorton".......... ;(

Overall it looks really good ;)

Reaction score
Trend Micro Beta 2006 review

I've been running the beta version and completed the testing scripts. Overall, I think that it is very stable. After the April virus pattern fiasco, I stopped using Trend Micro and switched to ClamWin until Trend Micro got their act together. It seems as they have returned into my good graces with the latest beta product and I feel pretty comfortable with the new version. As for the memory usage, I too have noticed increased memory consumption. Also, I have encountered a slow down on the internet after installing (using browser: Firefox Deer Park Alpha 2).

The other thing is powerscan.exe. There are a series of Trojans that will invade your system. Even though Trend Micro picks them up through the real-time scanner, the new program will not remove the executables from your machine. You will need to manually remove them from your profile temp directory but you shouldn't worry; if you use Ad-Aware, Ad-Aware removes the registry items but doesn’t remove the executables. Therefore, this will allow you to remove the executables manually. So...long story short, Trend Micro is still a huge advantage overall. I just hope that they have straightened out their testing cycle so that there won't be a repeat of April's deadly virus pattern file leak.

Last edited:

Ask a Question