Transfering files from old computer

Reaction score
My poor eight year old PC is starting to feel the pace and it is time to look for a new one. Obviously, I need to transfer lots of my current files onto my new PC.
Is there some way that I can copy all these files to a remote server and then once I have my new PC, transfer said files to the new computer?
It seems very long winded having to copy everything onto disc/stick and then to transfer them all.
Please do not flood me with technical talk as being a "silver surfer", I can handle most computer jargon thrown at me, but there is a limit. Plain English would be appreciated.:)
Thanks for reading me.:D

Reaction score
Build your new system using a new drive

Add your old drive as secondary (making sure you boot from the correct one) and transfer over at your own leisure

no jargon, just simplicity

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Build your new system. Go bye a USB Enclosure. Insert your old drive in there. Copy files over to new PC. Now you also have the bonus of a portable USB drive.

Reaction score
Doh :blush:!!! The simplest is usually the most obvious. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction. :D

Ask a Question