Laptop screen broken - how to access data

Ezg

Reaction score
Recently bought a business, included laptop (all programs and data needed are installed/ entered no software provided....)......
Now said laptop screen has broke, can't get into the computer, all our client database etc is on there as well as usb, old owners used Lotus approach, which I don't have on my computer and unable to get this program for a few weeks due to shipping time is there anyway I can transfer all info off old laptop onto personal laptop so we can still work? Or any ideas on what program may support the usb with our client files on them??
Sorry it's long winded, please help I'm desperate....or can I attach a temporary monitor to the laptop??
I know I sound like a dumb arse

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @Ezg.

Yep, plugging in a monitor is the easiest solution to get the data off it :). If it's a reasonably new laptop, it may have an HDMI connection, so you could just use a TV.

Reaction score
Another way is to remove the hard drive and get an enlosure/casing to make it an external drive that you can connect on a USB port.

Reaction score
Have you tried plugging it into a monitor like what they said? My laptop just died on me also a few days ago and I read this now so I was wondering if your problem was solved. Mine was.

Ask a Question