Word Transfer Word 2007 data between laptops

Reaction score
Have data in MS Office - Word 2007 on a laptop. Purchased another laptop and want to transfer "data/files" only from old laptop to new laptop. Transfer the desired files to a USB successfully. Inserted USB with files in new laptop and used the copy command. Cannot find Word on new laptop only can find MS Office. Decided to "paste" to MS Office thinking/hoping that the files would show up in Word. They are not there. What am I missing?

Thanking you in advance.

Reaction score
This may help. When I first installed the MS Office 2007 it actually aborted during installation due to no access to the net if I remember correctly. Any case I ended up with a Microsoft Office folder in my Start menu but the folder was empty. Later I redid the installation and ended up with another folder but in this case it was populated with the selected apps.

So my simple suggestion is perhaps you need to reinstall the office software on your new laptop. Good Luck...

Reaction score
Hi cb9240,

Well As I understand you can see the files which you copied from your old laptop on your your USB drive and now can not find MS office word program is that correct ? if yes then please try below steps

1. go to c drive - programfiles - microsoft - office - office11 - you should be able to find MS Word icon in here
2. paste your files in any drive
3. right click on file and select open with click browse and then choose word icon from step 1 path .

Hope this resolves your issue,

Regards,
chris

Please reply at your convenience for better assistance and understanding on your issue. :thumb:

Ask a Question