Transfer to New PC

I am moving my outlook from one PC to another. After setting up Outlook on
the new PC and getting it working with my ISP, I then copied over the
Outlook.pst and archive.pst files on top of the exiting ones.

Now when I open Outlook, I have two Personal Folders entirely duplicated.
new mail goes to both Inboxes, if I delete it, the email is moved from both
inboxes to both deleted Items.

And in my old PC I had an Unread Mail folder in my favorites, how do I get
this in my new outlook window

Thanks

Simon

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Very bad idea.
Overwriting Outlook data files will corrupt your profile 100% of the time.
Create a new profile.
Read the help files to learn how to migrate Outlook data correctly.
If you can't figure out how to do that, post your Outlook version so we can
point you in the right direction.

How do I create a new profile?

thanks

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Hi,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Simon Shaw said:
How do I create a new profile?

thanks

Russ Valentine said:
Very bad idea.
Overwriting Outlook data files will corrupt your profile 100% of the
time.
Create a new profile.
Read the help files to learn how to migrate Outlook data correctly.
If you can't figure out how to do that, post your Outlook version so we
can
point you in the right direction.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Simon Shaw said:
Hi,

I am moving my outlook from one PC to another. After setting up Outlook
on
the new PC and getting it working with my ISP, I then copied over the
Outlook.pst and archive.pst files on top of the exiting ones.

Now when I open Outlook, I have two Personal Folders entirely
duplicated.
new mail goes to both Inboxes, if I delete it, the email is moved from
both
inboxes to both deleted Items.

And in my old PC I had an Unread Mail folder in my favorites, how do I
get
this in my new outlook window

Thanks

Simon

I did all this, and I ended up with the exact same problem... I have to
Personal Folders duplicated....

thanks

Simon

Russ Valentine said:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918&Product=out2003

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Simon Shaw said:
How do I create a new profile?

thanks

Russ Valentine said:
Very bad idea.
Overwriting Outlook data files will corrupt your profile 100% of the
time.
Create a new profile.
Read the help files to learn how to migrate Outlook data correctly.
If you can't figure out how to do that, post your Outlook version so we
can
point you in the right direction.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Simon Shaw" <simonATsimonstoolsDOTcom> wrote in message
Hi,

I am moving my outlook from one PC to another. After setting up Outlook
on
the new PC and getting it working with my ISP, I then copied over the
Outlook.pst and archive.pst files on top of the exiting ones.

Now when I open Outlook, I have two Personal Folders entirely
duplicated.
new mail goes to both Inboxes, if I delete it, the email is moved from
both
inboxes to both deleted Items.

And in my old PC I had an Unread Mail folder in my favorites, how do I
get
this in my new outlook window

Thanks

Simon

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Then you're the first.
Explain in sufficient detail what you did. We can't tell what you did wrong.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Hi,