Touchpad/Mouse compatability

G

I'm running XP Home Edition, working on a Compaq Presario 2500 laptop with a Synaptics touchpad. I prefer to use a "real" mouse most of the time. If I plug in the mouse _before_ booting up, both devices work fine. If I do not connect the mouse before booting, NEITHER device works. That is to say, if I do not plug in the mouse before booting, I have no working pointing device.

If I disable the touchpad from the control panel, both stop working. And the system appears to not be aware that a mouse is connected...only the touchpad.

Is this expected behavior? Any idea why the touchpad will not work unless a mouse is connected?

G

there are some issues working with certain brands of mouse on lap tops that takes away the functionality of the type pad when a mouse is plugged in.

Please specify the brand of mouse that you are using. As far i know that there are issues when using logitech mouse and it works fine when using microsoft optical mice.

Ask a Question