Tool Tips!

A

Arpan

Of late, I find that when I move the mouse over any icon or any presently opened program window (in the taskbar) or something else, the corresponding tool tip comes up after around 45-50 seconds which I believe is a long long time. This is highly annoying as I tend to depend on tool tips frequently! Anyway workaround to minimize the time taken by Windows to generate the tool tips?

Please note that I am working on Windows 2000 Professional!

Thanks,

Arpan

G

George Hester

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that you may have programs running taking needed resources.
When you go to Task manager and check the Processes tab what is your System Idle Process saying? Give it
a few secs to calm down.

--
George Hester
Of late, I find that when I move the mouse over any icon or any presently opened program window (in the taskbar) or something else, the corresponding tool tip comes up after around 45-50 seconds which I believe is a long long time. This is highly annoying as I tend to depend on tool tips frequently! Anyway workaround to minimize the time taken by Windows to generate the tool tips?

Thanks,

Arpan

A

Arpan

You have hit the nail on the head, George! Indeed one of my programs was eating up a lot of memory!

Thanks once again,

Regards,

Arpan
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that you may have programs running taking needed resources.
When you go to Task manager and check the Processes tab what is your System Idle Process saying? Give it
a few secs to calm down.

--
George Hester

Thanks,

Arpan

Ask a Question