Too hot to handle

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Now thats its summer, i have noticed my computer acting strangly... mostly locking up/ artifacts/ reboots.... you know, the normal stuff. :lol:

Just today i had such a lock up and decieded to check my temps to make sure they werent too bad. My GPU came in with 67c and my CPU 60c, not good.
So i decided to do a little spring cleaning in my case, open it up and behold, a spider web... with a unfourtunate moth stuck in it. :p

I think its about time to retire the old mid tower and move on to more spacious things with bigger fans and a larger interior. Something to help keep those temps down, and since my case is full of 80mm fans it still doesnt seem to be helping, and they are loud.:mad: So i figure a full tower that allows me to use 120mm fans sounds good, and with a full tower perhaps i can get the wires out of the way of the fans.

Do you folks have any problems with cooling? because out here there is no humidity, just heat... does that affect temps?

p.s. can you guys also help me find a decent full tower too? $200-$250

Reaction score
Wow you'll get a nice case for that mate including a Decent PSU aswell if you decide to go for one without one already installed

Heres loads and loads for you to browse at although not sure if they deliver over the pond it should give you and idea

I personally like the Thermaltake, Lian-Li and Antec Aluminium towers but as I said they dont usually come with PSU's

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=7&Category=Cases&Thumbnails=yes

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've only ever used Lian Li, Thermaltake and Antec cases and by far the best result I've had was with the Antec Sonata case.

I added a second medium flow 120mm fan inside and to the front blowing towards the rear of the case, it comes with one rear mounted 120mm fan.

Room temp of 23C/74F atm, CPU at 49C with 100% usage and so quiet you'd hardly know it's on. And it comes with a 500W PSU.

The looks are a matter of personal taste - it's a shiny black - but I like it a lot.

As I said though, I've not much experience of cases, have only used the three makes.

My Lian Li PC61 I like the look of, well built case but I have to use four internal 80mm fans to get good temps which makes it quite noisy.

Reaction score
It might be sumer across the pond but I'm sure most people here aren't having any heat problems... :D

I use a Thermaltake Tsunami full tower, and it is pretty darn good. Got room for another 120mm fan if needs be, but I'm good atm.

I havn't used loads of cases, but Lian Li seem to be the most popular for intense cooling.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Alf save your money and spend it on something really cool like a new graphics card or cpu or......... Look here for a solution to your problem ,

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=10592909#post10592909

nod.gif
:D :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If your talking ultimate cooling, my vote goes for the case i have, the Antec 900. :thumb:

My temps are great, all fans on low.

attachment.php

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 238

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Triple- I checked the site, i saw a few i like, but i cant seem to find em locally or from newegg. :( Im no longer into cases with all the plastic bezels and flashy lights, my computer is sort of like em except the lights have already failed :D those coolermaster stacker 830s look nice though

Flops- i do like the Lian li, Simple yet elegant and i hear that they are quite too.:nod:

Itsme, Potguy- you cant tell me it aint hot yet over there?! :confused:

Abarbarian- I dont think i have the chops to do that kinda of work to my case, of course if i do muck it up... then i might need a new case :D - of course if i do get a new one, then i wont have any problems playing with my old case and reuse it if possible. then again its all bent up and beaten from years of abuse :lol:
also i have enough problems keeping my current rig "cool" :blush:

V_R - a few months ago, i was looking at the antec 900, unfourtunatly its a mid tower... not sure about you but im a little tired of mids :p nice cooling though, you can keep your 8800 cooler than my 7900 :bow:

Ask a Question