Today I learned...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Today I learned how to roll sleeves properly. I know what you're thinking, but bear with me. For my whole life I have been rolling them by turning the cuff back on itself again and again until it was the right length. Fiddly and causes a lot of creasing. Turns out there is a far easier way that I never knew about:

The-Master-Sleeve-Roll1.jpg

So much easier and it stays put for longer. How did I not know this for so long?! They should teach this in schools :dance:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TIL: It's wise to be careful when using a hole de-burrer.

After drilling some holes in metal plate I was using this tool when I slipped and must have spilt a quarter pint of claret from a gashed finger.

Ouch.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
If it was then do I have to say 'Tug your forelock in my presence then bow down before me, peasant'?

It was Carlos Santana... wait, no, it wasn't... right. It was George Santayana who said that "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

(The relevant part starts @13:52.)

:bow:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
...and often those who CAN remember the past repeat it anyway....

Daily world events will bear testament to this assertion ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Also -

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
Edmund Burke

and

I've got news for Mr. Santayana: "we're doomed to repeat the past no matter what. That's what it is to be alive.”
Kurt Vonnegut

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen footage of a young cheetah purring. Probably linked to footage on Facebook and the Cheetah had been raised by humans after being abandoned by its mother. But no links I'm afraid.

Ask a Question