Excel Time Rounding in Excel

Reaction score
I am creating a timesheet for our employees to use; however, they are going to be the ones completing it. I need the time that they enter into a cell to automatically be rounded to the nearest quarter (15 min) of the hour, using 12-hour time format. This will probably require embedding a formula into a cell protecting only the formula, in order for the employees to enter their time. The timesheet shows Time In and Time Out for the AM, and Time In Time Out for PM For example, if they enter "Time In: 8:37" in C6, I want C6 to automatically round the time they enter to the nearest quarter hour (8:30)

My spreadsheet is set up like this:

C6 D6 E6 F6 G6 H6
AM- Start Time AM- End Time AM- Total PM Start PM End PM total

Of course, after that, I will need to lock only the formula so they can enter the time without affecting the formula....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank you! Unfortunately, I have already looked through all of those as well. :) The responses on those websites are not exactly what I am looking for. They are saying that if you put a certain time in cell A1, then cell B1 will round it for you, and put the rounded time into B1. I want it to automatically round in cell A1 when the employees type the time into that particular cell. I don't want to have to have a B1 cell. Ya know? Sorry, I know it is confusing. Ha. I greatly appreciate your response! :)

Ask a Question