Daily Time Sheets with Rounding

Reaction score
This is my first shot at posting so please provide allowance. I am trying to develop a manual time sheet in excel for my employees. My process is to retrieve their clock in and clock out data daily and have the sheet provide me the hours worked. The time data I retrieve is based on hundredths of an hour. The hundredths of an hour issue has been discussed previously in this forum, but I have not been able to find anything relating to rounding up and down to allow for the employee to clock in up to ten minutes early or ten minutes late and still be "On-time".
So if an employee is supposed to clock in at 6 am, his digital time stamp may read as early as 5.83 or as late as 6.17. I want to be able to enter the digital time value retrieved for clock in and clock out, but show the designated clock-in time of 6.0. the same would apply to the clock out time.
Is it possible to do this in just a single time in and time out column via a custom cell format or do I need to create a separate clock-in/clock-out area on my spreadsheet and then create another section to do the conversions?
The attached example provides a look at where I am. The upper half of the image shows the hour formula and the lower show the overtime formula.

Many thanks in advance,
MikeC

Attachments

• MikeCExample.jpg
    MikeCExample.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 284
Reaction score
And yes, I do know that the Round, Rounddown, and Roundup functions will not go to the hour or half hour. I use the term "round" as a descriptor only.

Ask a Question