Tiling windows when windows are in a group

ggrothendieck

Suppose I have several IE web pages open and a number of
other programs open all listed along the bottom, task bar.
If there are, say, 20 web pages open they will all be listed
as a group under one rectangle on the task bar and if I click
on that rectangle I will get a list of them and can choose which
one I want to open.

Now I would like to vertically tile two of those web pages
but not the other 18. How do I do that?

If there existed only those two windows in the group or if the
two windows were the only ones in each of two groups then
I know how to do that (see below) but if I were to follow those
instructions any group I choose tiles all members of the group
rather than just the member(s) I want.

The only idea I have had so far is to start up a different
web browser, say Firefox, and then copy the two addresses
into two Firefox pages and now since the Firefox group only
has two windows I want I can tile the Firefox group. But
surely there must be a way to do that by just selecting
among the windows that I have. Besides that does not
generalize to other programs.

By the way, I am using Windows XP.

Thanks.

---

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers
From: "Delwin Lee [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:12:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Tiling Windows

First, select the buttons corresponding to the windows you want to
tile. Do
this by holding Control as you click the buttons.

Then, right-click on one of the buttons you clicked and go to Tile ...

Jack R

Use the "Show Desktop" icon to minimize everything.
Open the two IE windows you want, then right click in the lower right hand
tool bar (near the clock) and choose "Tile Windows Vertically".
IHTH,