G

My Microsoft Outlook has been locking up a lot lately. It is requiring a
restart and every time I restart I get an error message "Compenent
threed32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: file
missing or invalid."

Any help on what this means?

M

Maurice N ~ MVP

Are you able to use Outlook at all? Which edition of Outlook do you have?

See what Event Viewer has in it's log. Select Start button/ select Run , then type in

eventvwr.msc<enter>
-- or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.

Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred. Double click---the information "may" give a clue.

I do not believe that threed32.ocx comes with Outlook. Do you possibly have developer tools on this system? like Microsoft Visual Studio ?

Explain what you mean by "it is requiring a restart"?
Do you use Task Manager to end Outlook (after it freezes) ?

If it does "freeze", make sure you use CTRL+ALT+DEL to activate Task Manager window. Look for every instance of Outlook listed, and END each one.

One quick thing to try....one time. From Start button, select RUN option, and then type in

outlook.exe /safe <press Enter>

(There's a space just after exe )

That's a work-around to get you running Outlook.

There's more digging for you to do --- to see why there's a complaint about threed32 (and it may really be complaining about other files ......the dependencies).

How far do you get in Outlook before the problem occurs? Does it happen when viewing one particular email?

Ask a Question