Thin Client Flash Driver

G

We use Wyse thin clients in our organization, and have been using the XPe
default build from Wyse. I'm new to building XPe builds. I've run tap.exe and
grabbed the drivers off of the thin client. There are 4 drivers that were not
found in the XPe database. I've taken care of one of them. The other three
looked like this on the import file:

Could not find a driver for Flash driver for XPE ThinClient (*wyse\flash)
Could not find a driver for SetReg
Could not find a driver for Generic Volume (STORAGE\volume)

I'm assuming that the first one was created by Wyse. Since these would be
for thin clients with 256MB of flash memory, is there a windows compatible
write filter I could use instead of the Wyse one?

For the other two, I'm just a bit confused as to what they're looking for.
Any hints would be most welcome.

Thanks!
-Derek

K

KM

Derek,

You should really contact manufacturer with those questions. As you can imagine, the drivers you mentioned are not XP standard (not
MS drivers).

But anyway, if you still want to get your own image up and running on the device you should get all the drivers componentized. All
the INF files you will find on the current image under \windows\inf folder (they will be "oemxxx.inf")
I don't recall any special Generic Volume driver from Wyse (but I might have played with older device revisions) but be careful with
wyse\flash driver. You must set its loading phase to Boot (it is not just a write filter driver but there is some more functionality
implemented there).
I am not sure I understand what connections between 256Mb and the write filter you meant? You can definitely use the driver with
different RAM configuration on the device. Moreover, you can use the driver on some other Wyse terminal models.

Technically you can use EWF filter from XPe database on the terminals instead of the wfilter there (you didn't mention this driver
but it should be there, IIRC). But then you will have to purchase new runtime licenses or etc. You may want to contact Legal on this
matter.

Ask a Question