" there was a problem reading one or more of your reminders "

Doug

I just upgraded a computer from Outlook 2003 to 2007, and now get this
message every time I open Outlook. After searching the net, I tried all
suggestions: outlook /cleanreminders
outlook /resetfolders
outlook /cleansniff
I deleted every entry of any kind in the calender.
Any suggestions?
TIA!
Doug

Doug

The full message was:
"There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders
may not appear"

Doug

Ahha! I hadn't seen this switch on the net, till I started brousing this
group. You guys are great! This one did the trick:
cleanroamedprefs

Thanks again...

Doug

For the record, it turns out the problem was (again) caused by two listings
for the outlook.pst file -- the "cleanroamedprefs " gave only temporary
relief. But you guys are still great. ;-)

CLF

I was getting the same error message and this post guided me in the right
direction. Somehow, my main Outlook file was "open" twice. To fix, in
Outlook 2007, go to Tools menu, select "account settings", select the "data
files" tab, and see if your Outlook PST file is listed more than once. If
so, select "remove" for the one that does not show as your default.

yek

Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i was getting the sam error & i delete the files & now its working thank you "CLF"

Atlanta Graphic

Thanks CLF. This message has been frustrating me for months!
Your suggestion cleared the issue right up.

dm@cfx

Brilliant - solved my problem, but I'm still not sure why I keep getting
duplicate .pst files.....

Enrique

CLF: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spend most of the afternoon on a Sunday
trying to solve this issue -I can rest now....

Enrique

Koushik

Thanks CLF;

You made my day man.. You rock::)
Thanks for the help::)) i got the issue resolved.

Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you very much

I have searched web pages, support, forums for solving this annoying message. It drove me mad.In the end I have found your solving. I am happy, thank you again.

"Doug" wrote:

> For the record, it turns out the problem was (again) caused by two listings
> for the outlook.pst file -- the "cleanroamedprefs " gave only temporary
> relief. But you guys are still great. ;-)
>
> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Ahha! I hadn't seen this switch on the net, till I started brousing this
> > group. You guys are great! This one did the trick:
> > cleanroamedprefs
> >
> > Thanks again...
> >
> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > The full message was:
> > > "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders
> > > may not appear"

L Polk

Thanks for the tip. That still helps in 2010 with Outlook 2007 and
Windows 7

Before reinstalling Windows I bought BackupOutlook hoping it
would remove all the hassles of resetting up Outlook, but
it didn't do a great job. It caused this reminder problem
and also didn't restore my view settings and a few other problems.

ritzput

I tried everything above, only have 1 data file and still getting that error
message along with:
Operation failed. An object couldn't be found. have also ScanPST files but
still getting both errors?

Also, not receiving emails about responses here even though i've checked
"notivy me of replies" and they're NOT going to spam.

Using Vista 2007.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I tried everything above, only have 1 data file and still getting that error
message along with:
Operation failed. An object couldn't be found. have also ScanPST files but
still getting both errors?

Please stick to your original thread in the other newsgroup.

kerney

Thanks so much. It worked. It's been bugging me for weeks and as soon as I
deleted the second, no-default, file the error message went away. For a
psuedo OCD user, that was sheer bliss.

Kerney

poornimarezuwan

I just upgraded a computer from Outlook 2003 to 2007, and now get this message every time I open Outlook. After searching the net, I tried all suggestions: outlook /cleanremindersoutlook /resetfolders outlook /cleansniffI deleted every entry of any kind in the calender. Any suggestions?TIA!Doug

It really works, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was breaking my head for solving this probelm for the past 10 days. Thanks once again

fingerflab

This gem is a gift that keeps on giving. Like several others here this issue had beem bugging me for weeks. Several lengthy solutions suggested elsewhere all failed. How I ended up with two duplicate .pst file pointers is a mystery but right now I could care less. That pop up error is finally gone. Thanks CLF for this simple solution.