"The video device is currently in use..."

G

Hello, everyone
I, too, am new to all this, but MM2 has been great fun. I also have MGI VideoWave 4, but it's too much
Here's the problem: Every time I try to capture analog video from my video camera, I eventually get an error message saying "The video device is currently in use. Close any other application that is using the device and try again.
The thing is, I'm not using any other device. Nothing is in use as far as I can tell. Certainly nothing is overtly open
What I've had to do is open the MGI VideoWave program and capture the video through there, save it, then import it into MM. This is, I suspect, more work than I need to be doing
I have a Dazzle capture device, and MM apparently recognizes it. But I keep hitting a dead end
Thank you anyone who has a suggestion or solution. Otherwise, this program is wonderful. And so is this community

G

Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media

Does the dazzle connect via firewire to the pc? It will need to to work with
MM.
It is no more work capturing with videowave than with MM. With either you
capture and then import into your collections within MM.
Graham

G

Thanks, Graham
No, the Dazzle Mojave is not firewire connected. I was just hoping to do everything through the one program and didn't know why MM wouldn't let me. Still wondering. Thanks.--AR

G

Graham Hughes, MVP Digital Media

MM needs a firewire connected item to talk to, so if you are connected by
usb, that's why it doesn't work.
Graham
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.simplydv.co.uk

AR said:
Thanks, Graham.
No, the Dazzle Mojave is not firewire connected. I was just hoping to do
everything through the one program and didn't know why MM wouldn't let me.
Still wondering. Thanks.--AR

G

Thanks again, Graham. This probably answers it. You were very helpful, and I appreciate it. Take care.--AR

Ask a Question