The Terminal Server has ended the connection

G

While running TS in applications mode, over the internet (DSL) and through our Linksys router from a remote Win98 machine, we lose the connection if we don't do anything on the Win98 machine for a few minutes and get the message box that says "The Terminal Server has ended the connection"

This also happens on a remote Windows server machine or when we minimize the TS window on any of the remote machines

As long as I am doing something and creating some sort of packet traffic back and forth to the TS machine, it remains active and online for hours. In fact I am sitting at home on a remote machine, connected to the TS and am typing this error report and it is working fine. If I get up and leave the machine inactive for 5-10 minutes I get "The Terminal Server has ended the connection

This happens no matter what idle time I set

HELP
Thank
Dic

G

Me too - exact same problem. Client is a Wyse 3125 thin client terminal. We have two of them, both do the same thing. Both work without problem when connected to Windows 2003 Server (Small Business Edition) in Remote Administration mode (similar to Terminal Server mode).

G

Digging a little further, I found that the best practice for Terminal Server is to run it on its' own box and get it away from excessive network traffic

I have been running it on the application server with 50 other people logged in pounding on this database application so, I think I will put TS on its own server

Hopefully someone from MS will have a solution or agree that running TS on its own server is the best way to go

I would still like a little MS hand holding with this problem

Ric

----- Mike wrote: ----

Me too - exact same problem. Client is a Wyse 3125 thin client terminal. We have two of them, both do the same thing. Both work without problem when connected to Windows 2003 Server (Small Business Edition) in Remote Administration mode (similar to Terminal Server mode).

V

Vera Noest [MVP]

I would say that you have a *completely different* problem!

You seem to have a problem with licensing or transfer of the license,
since you can connect to a server that doesn't require TS CALs. Check
the EventLog on your TS tyo find out the reason for this problem.

The original thread is about a router that drops connections when the
router sees no trafic.

V

Vera Noest [MVP]

Sorry, I don't know. Should be fairly easy to test, though, since
it seems that you can provoke the problem.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
*----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*

Ask a Question