Windows XP The Sims!! Keeps Freezing on me

Reaction score
I do not have the sims on my PC anymore
but i would love to have it back on

The problem is that when i play on it, about 5 minutes into the game when saving or going to the nieghbourhood view it just completely freezes, i cannot press ctrl, Alt & Delete as it do not work, so i have to press the restart button!

ive installed the same programme on my friends pc and it works fine!

What could be the problem could it be the Display Card, Sound, Memory, processor Whats?

This is what i have in terms with them catorgorie:

AMD Duron(tm) processor 1.3 GHz
Memory = 320 MB (61% Utilized)
Hardrive = 9.54 GB (only 3.90GB Free)
Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64

I wuold appreciate some help if anybody could help!

If anymore information is required please ask

Thanks

Reaction score
Im Also hoping to buy the Sims 2 which would probly need more system requirments than the first one!

Here The Sims 2 System Requirments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 98, 2000, ME, or XP

128MB of RAM for Windows 98, 2000, or ME (256MB of RAM For Windows XP)

A graphics card with T&L (Transform & Lighting) support, eg ATI Radeon 7000 series or better, or nvidia GeForce 2 or better. Not TNT2, Intel, Rage etc.

CPU: 600MHz Pentium 3 or equivalent (if you have a graphics card which supports T&L). Those who do not have a graphics card which supports T&L will need a 1.5GHz.

Monitor Resolution: 800x600 minimum, 1024x768 recommended. Higher resolutions available.

Keyboard, mouse, speakers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I will have to upgrade my Graphics Card

Reaction score
The Sims are unhappy with a Virus blocker working!. My daughter has found the Sims just turns off at odd times (before she remembers to Save). Reading the Instructions that come with the Disc we now turn Trend Virus protection off before she plays the Sims and the problem has vanished. Could your problem be similar? as well as needing a new Graphics Card.

Reaction score
crazy,

when it comes to minimum specs for games it's vital to remember that this is what it needs, not wants!

Ask a Question