The PCR Movies Thread!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I watched Rise of Skywalker last night. It was alright, mostly good, but not without issues. Probably as good as it could have been thanks to The Last Jedi.

That's such a shame! The Last Jedi was a really odd film in places - there were some big scenes and characters that I really didn't like. I'm guessing this one was a lot better than that? Did it feel like it was just trying to tie a lot of loose ends together? I've managed to avoid spoilers so far, so I'm going to try and see it in early January.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad film really, lots happened, almost too much. It felt rushed and a bit all over the place. Tbh it could have done with being two films rather than one.

I didn't like TLJ, i didn't like what they did to Luke and I thought it was a poor film all told. TROS felt like it was trying to fix a lot of stuff from LJ.

The scenes with Kylo and Rey though, they were excellent.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't like TLJ, i didn't like what they did to Luke and I thought it was a poor film all told. TROS felt like it was trying to fix a lot of stuff from LJ.
Maybe this will make up for it :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ford vs Ferrari, Joker, Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood. Highly recommended. :)

Gemini Man, Ad Astra and Terminator Dark Fate not so much.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We watched 1917 over the weekend. Very good film, and fantastic cinematography.

Reaction score
Extended Super bowl version. SPOILER ALERT

"It's one of lifes mysteries, Sir"

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'll see your Wonder Woman, and raise you Black Widow. :D

Reaction score
Hmm i'm not convinced lol

The Amazonian look does it for me ;)

Oh this looks better too. I really enjoyed the first. Take a peek people

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be watching that too, loved the first.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Can. Not. Wait.

Not sure if it will actually release on the 17th July though, and if it does, who's gonna want to go to the cinema all PPE'ed up?!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this wasn't a Christopher Nolan film I'd be a bit suspicious, but I bet this will be brilliant - I love nearly all his other stuff.

"Coming to Theatres"? Do they know something that we dont? Wonder if they'll open up but have 4 seat gaps between households?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ohhhh there's one in Manchester! I'm up for this - it's not too far from me too :D
Nearest one here is Cardiff I think , a two hour drive away so too far for a night out.Shame as they look to be a good night out. :cool:

Ask a Question